Blender vs Adobe After Effects

Narnia

Prince
I was wondering if anyone has used Blender before and what they have to say about it. Is it any good? How does it compare with similar commercial programs such as After Effects or other programs. What kind of problems/limitations does it have? Is it bug/crash prone? What else can you tell me about it?

They're different programs for different tasks. Blender is more akin to Maya or 3DSMax than AE.

I use blender all the time, and LOVE it soooooo much. I haven't gotten AE, but heard great reviews, and want it. But, like Genocidicbunny said, they're two completely different programs for two completely different purposes. Blender is a 3d modeling and animation application, used for creating and editing scenes in 3 dimensions. AE is used for editing videos that already exist (whether shot with a camera or rendered by a program like blender), adding various effects to the video. (Think: muzzle flares on prop guns, lightsaber blades, portals, greenscreening, color correction, et cetera.) Two very different purposes. Blender is a free alternative to commercial 3d modeling/animation programs, which often come from Autodesk, and cost thousands of dollars (NO exaggeration there). AE is a commercial piece of software (I'm not sure how much it costs), and is one of the leading choices in its category, used by many. If you find any free alternatives, LET ME KNOW! I have been searching on and off for a long time, and don't really like Wax (the only one I've found) very much. Again, different, both good, one free.

Top Bottom