Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Aug 17, 2007.
No crash for me at loading i'm lucky (luke)
It must be caused by one of those unit graphics that I enabled since I was having some crashes as well when I was testing them and I thought I had cleared out all that didn't work correctly. It's odd that it works for some people and not for some. Those units all worked just fine in Warlords version though. I'll have to look into it tomorrow and try to post my findings on Monday when I probably get online next time. Those that have CTDs with v0.9, please continue using v0.8 - I hope to get fix ready soon.
Thanks for the patch
Ditto with me as well
And me too.
I'm part of the lucky people that can load the mod and play it
I've uploaded version 0.9.1 that fixes several bugs that were left in v0.9. I have not yet tested this patch extensively so there might be some bugs left but at least it should work lot better than 0.9. I got also Unit upgrade pedia page working and with it I could correct lots of unit upgrade paths. Also added Bombard unit and moved Cannon to later tech.
Full changelog for version 0.9.1:
- Fixed unitclass for Praetorian, now Light Swordsman unit, upgrades to Swordsman and Maceman
- Fixed unitclass for Aztec Jaguar, now Light Swordsman unit, upgrades to Swordsman and Maceman
- Fixed unitclass for Gallic Warrior, now Light Swordsman unit, upgrades to Swordsman and Maceman
- Companion cavalry UU for Greece disabled (if enable unit upgrade page stops working in sevopedia)
- Bazooka upgrades to Anti-Tank Infantry
- Submarine upgrades to Nuclear Submarine
- Attack Submarine upgrades to Nuclear Submarine
- Ironclad upgrades to Early Destroyer and to Submarine
- ship of the line upgrades to Early Destroyer and to Battlecruiser
- Frigate upgrades to Early Destroyer
- Privateer upgrades to Early Destroyer
- Caravel upgrades to Privateer and Early Destroyer. No longer upgrade to Attack Submarine
- Manowar upgrades to Early Destroyer and to Battlecruiser
- Transport upgrades to Stiletto Boat
- Trireme upgrades to Sloop instead of Frigate
- War Galley upgrades to Fluyt and Brigantine
- Galley upgrades to Fluyt and Galleon
- Brigantine no longer upgrade to Submarine
- Anti-Tank infantry cost increased from 140 to 180, no longer upgrade to Mechanized Infantry
- Fighter upgrades to Early Jet (Mig 15)
- Carrier Upgrades to Nuclear Carrier
- Infantry upgrades to Modern Infantry instead of Mechanized Infantry
- Genetic soldier upgrades to Super Soldier
- Armored Car no longer upgrade to Mechanized Infantry
- Bombard unit added, req. gunpowder
- Catapult upgrades to Bombard
- Trebuchet upgrades to Bombard
- Cannon moved to Rifling
- Rome: fixed unitclass type for Praetorian
- Aztec: fixed unitclass for Jaguar unit
- Celt: fixed unitclass for Gallic Warrior
- Greece: fixed unitclass for Hypaspists
- all event modifications from v0.8 and v0.9 removed because of CTDs (game doesn't give xml errors when something is wrong with events, it just causes crash)
- UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL changed to UNITCOMBAT_WOODEN_SHIPS in harbormaster event
- Gunpowder tech req. changed to Matchlock tech in event that gives promotion to Musketman units (Musketmans enabled at Matchlock tech)
- EVENT_SMOKELESS_POWDER_1 disabled (possible cause for CTDs)
- Pedia page for Unit upgrades works now correctly.
I've installed the 0.9.1 patch (removed the "rise of mankind" directory, then unzipped 0.8 then 0.9.1 patch).
Result -> crash when loading the mod, at the "init XML (uncached)" step.
I've tried to hold SHIFT when loading Civ4, without result
In 0.9 I was able to build a harbour after building the port!
Same result but I also tried to unzip 0.9.1 into 0.9. Both approaches didn't work.
Now to get practical. I have only units graphics to suspect. As I understand, in 0.9 new units were added and their graphics were enabled. Is there a list or should I diff files?
strangely this mod + patches works fine
tough I have full civ + war n bts + patched those so maybe its there the ctd's lay?
Edit: wtf? installed patch 0.9.1 and the mod won't load:O it stop at Init Xml(Uncached) as far as I can see:O not good:'(
Edit 2: checked for patch to Bts and updated from .2 to .3 and gonna see now if it impacts on the mod
Edit 3: nope the "patch" 0.9.1 won't start. btw 0.9 worked just fine on me
Just a guess, but are you playing on Vista? Do you have both expansions installed or just BtS? Did you try the trick to disable caching from CivilizationIV.ini?
It's on known issues list. I used same approach as Advanced shielding building in BtS: Next War mod and for unknown reason python function CannonConstruct doesn't prevent properly for Harbor building after Port has been built. I don't know if there's same issue on those Next War buildings. I'm looking for solution to this issue.
I more suspect Events files now. They seem buggy with the mod and if there's errors/conflicts in Events, the game won't even give any error messages so I don't know where to look to find those bugs.
Units that were added were for Greece and Mongol - new UU units for them.
Might be. Some of those new units point to scenario files that were added in Warlords. If they are the cause for CTDs, I'll have disable all those units
It's been bit frustrating for trying to locate the reasons for those CTD's (and it's time consuming too).
The only patch I haven't applied yet is 3.03. I haven't heard of any mod that requires it. I can however imagine (theoretically) that it might affect graphics related issues as it installs a new version of DirectX.
Would people with CTD issue as myself please confirm if they have applied patches 3.02 and 3.03.
Edit: I also have warlords patched (of course) to 2.13 [It gets it once I install BTS]
I've now located info how to fix this problem - I need to enable CannotConstruct python call as it's off by default. I actually have to thank Kalimakhus for this info, I found it from one of his posts.
You are welcome. I would remember to mention it here if I weren't so occupied by this weired CTD I still get.
I've tried to disable caching and it's worse : i can't actually see anything starting to load, the game crashes immediatly after i set the mod on.
And nope i'm still running Windows XP, i'll never put the Vista crap on my lovely computer
Where is civ4 installed on your computer. Is it at the default path i.e. C:\Program Files\.... etc., or at some other path.
I install games to my D partition. However, I never had any problems with any other MOD. However I am not sure if they reference files from Warlords and Vanilla.
With a default instal on an XP system I am getting crashes at loading consistently at initxml. Did not have problems with previous versions including 9.0
Other than that it has proven to be a really great mod.
Same here, i install it in D:\Firaxis\ ...
I get as far as [Rise of Mankind] Init XML (uncached) on the loading screen before it crashes with .8 then .9 and .91 installed. Reinstalled as only .8 and .91 and same thing.
Separate names with a comma.