[BTS] - with mod Realism:Invictus ver. 3.6 Screenshots from my games

TheBirdMan

Prince
The newest version of Realism:Invictus is out now.

As long as I'm testing the new version, I'm only going to post interesting screenshots and situations.

And let me start with this - I can't remember when I did see this last time. I know I have, but it's certainly long time ago....

Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG

Well, let see what happens now.......

Now this was a warning...... the AI do not act the same way as before. Not that they can be as lowly as humans can - but they are getting closer.......

Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG

One thing seems to have changed. It is that "our" AI is more focused on a specific holding/strategy.

For Spain has now for the 3rd time tried to get a diplomatic victory.

We both got a follower so so far I'm sure I'll be fine.

But you never know...

Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG

As a little follow-up on why I think CIV4 is the best CIV game ever made (at least upto now) due to its it's endless possibilities for new mods/submods/personal changes, then look here:

First a screenshot showing a "normal" ChineseCanal (possible in the RI mod from ver 3.55 (I think)). It is made as a unique improvement to the Chinese nation to carry irrigation over to tiles far from fresh water tiles. In my opinion it's somewhat too massive compared to the normal details - I don't like it due to that.

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG

So what to do with it? Well why don't try to make it to a shipscanal. I surely miss such an improvement. I know the Forts works that way - but that is nearly as ugly a solution as the ChineseCanal.is for carry irrigation on.

I say, ships passing flatland/hilltops via 1-2 Forts from one waterbody to another?!?! Ok, with smaller ships that actually is possible to "drag" them over land - but "drag" large ships... No way.

It did take quite some time/days/months from I started this and until I found a way. But I did. I changed above ChineseCanal to a fully working Shipscanal!

Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG

Looking nice - don't you think so??

Even with much bigger modern ships, it's still fairly good - although I could wish that the ship canal was a little wider.

Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG

As you can see from above, a single tile canal looks awkward. But I can't do anything about it. I don't have the skills to change it.

Anyway - as an additional benefit: No more ships anchoring in Forts - and I believe, no more airplanes landing in Forts either (I'm not sure, havn't testet it yet). No more use of Forts as a replacement for the correct improvement on ressources. Forts now only works as..... Forts.

And yet - a little leftover, that I can't do anything about either. The Canal has partly taken over as replacement for Forts when "talking" about harvesting ressources outside the cityradius. Not even by making it extremely laborconsuming to make a Canal (it roughly takes about 6 times longer to build a Canal than a farm) could change the AI's behavior. But only on flat-land. On hills, the AI hasn't any problems using the correct improvement now.

Last but not least:

The AI is fully capable of creating and using a Canal.
Ships on a canal will be destroyed by any enemy-landunit attacking it (maybe even a worker - do not know yet).

A new testgame is started.

Screenshots and comments to this game starts here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r-i-my-personal-spin-off.683863/page-2

Let me quote myself:
I think and hope this will be my last test-game.

Many-many changes have been made up-to-and-including the Rennaissance Era. I haven't made many changes for the last 2 Eras, but I have "found room" for a few... But more on this, when the test game gets here in terms of time.
Since this hopefully will be the last testgame, I will allow myself to make serious map-changes in case the game reach its memorylimits - or make other serious "interventions" if - for one or another reason - the game freezes or quits without I'm able to fix the problem. Only problem I will not try to solve is, if the AI defeats me.

This time I will do my best to provide a screenshot when-ever I think this could become interesting to any "followers".

I just forgot on the fly - I don't "only" post screenshots. There are also 2 other "tracks" to follow.

Partly I write a "story" about the (test)game I play, partly I "describe" many of my ideas for the changes I have made in relation to the original version of R:I.

Thread resumed. New game started - hopefully without too many "reasons" for more "development" (read: Bug fixes and other "features").

Top Bottom