Can no longer launch the game "this file is damaged"

narmox

Emperor
I last played the game a few days before the Caesar/Leader Pass release. I was already on macOS 13 at that time. I then uninstalled the game for a bit.

The last few days however, I reinstalled the game and whenever I try to launch it, I see this message:
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 20.59.54.png

I've tried removing the Leader Pass DLC, I've tried reverting to the previous build in the Betas section of the game properties, I've tried both - but no go. Is this happening to anyone else?

It’s (likely) MacOS trying to protect you, and an awfully worded dialog box. See the below, worked for me.

This... WORKED! Not exactly like explained there, and I'm not exactly sure if I know the exact sequence of what I did that led to being able to play, so let me me just list it out:

- like in the link above, I went to Settings, security and privacy, Developer Tools, clicked the plus button, navigated to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/... and found civ6, then I found 2 civ6 apps (huh) and I enabled it on both (although it showed up as just one entry in my Settings... very weird. this might be an artifact of a previous attempt to fix it)
- still didn't work, so I right-clicked it and clicked open, and forced it to open, but that still crashed (slightly differently than being "Damaged" though)
- I undid the Setting above, and tried to launch it from Steam and IT WORKED

Awesome, thanks borad!!!!

Top Bottom