Can someone explain Agenda dialogue to me?

luei333

Warlord
Title. I've tooled around with agendas and everything, but I'm still so confused about how it all works. I've looked at released mods and base game files, and they often seem to contradict each other. For example, here's a snippet of what I have for my agendas:
Code:
   <Modifiers>
       <Row ModifierId="MOD_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE" SubjectRequirementSetId="PLAYER_HAS_HIGH_CULTURE" ModifierType="MODIFIER_PLAYER_DIPLOMACY_SIMPLE_MODIFIER"/>
   </Modifiers>

<ModifierArguments>
       <Row ModifierId="MOD_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE" Name="InitialValue" Value="3"/>
       <Row ModifierId="MOD_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE" Name="StatementKey" Value="LOC_DIPLO_KUDO_LEADER_ANY_REASON_LUEI_AGENDA_HIGH_CULTURE"/>
       <Row ModifierId="MOD_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE" Name="SimpleModifierDescription" Value="LOC_DIPLO_MODIFIER_DESCRIPTION_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE"/>
   </ModifierArguments>

<ModifierStrings>
       <Row ModifierId="MOD_LUEI_AGENDA_ACCEPT_HIGH_CULTURE" Context="Sample" Text="LOC_TOOLTIP_SAMPLE_DIPLOMACY_ALL"/>
   </ModifierStrings>

But in-game, none of the specified text appears in the kudos or warnings. BUT, when I use leader-specific text keys, without defining them in any table in any other place in the game, those appear:
Code:
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_WARNING_EXIT_LEADER_LUEI_POWER_GIRL_ANY" Language="en_US">
           <Text>Warning.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_WARNING_LEADER_LUEI_POWER_GIRL_REASON_ANY" Language="en_US">
           <Text>(You have a Luxury he wants.)</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_KUDO_EXIT_LEADER_LUEI_POWER_GIRL_ANY" Language="en_US">
           <Text>Thank you.</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="LOC_DIPLO_KUDO_LEADER_LUEI_POWER_GIRL_REASON_ANY" Language="en_US">
           <Text>(You have no Luxuries he wants)</Text>
       </Row>
(I haven't tested to see if the text in parenthesis appears in-game, but the other 2 absolutely do.) That's fine and all, I can get it to freakin work, but I'm sure there's a way to define kudos and warnings for multiple reasons, not just REASON_ANY, but I don't know the syntax for that. I'm about to dive into the game's UI files to try and find the lines where kudos and warnings are explicitly called, to find the lines with something like what they use for icons:
Code:
local civIconName = "ICON_"..civTypeName;

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom