Can you create rivers by any means in game?

Konig15

Warlord
I think I actually built a river in the MOO2 scenario by terraforming the space terrain where it said no terraforming option was available but I'm not sure and it was long ago. As I'd like to mess around with terraforming and such, making rivers would be an extra feather in my cap.

What is MOO2? This forum is for Civ2 and in that game there is no way to add or remove a river in the game. Even when you transform the terrain the river stays.

Of course, you can add and remove rivers in the map editor to any terrain other than ocean.

What is MOO2? This forum is for Civ2 and in that game there is no way to add or remove a river in the game. Even when you transform the terrain the river stays.

Of course, you can add and remove rivers in the map editor to any terrain other than ocean.

I meant the the MOO2 scenario that comes with fantastic worlds. I'm gonna try that again and see what happens.

I recall there being a trick to do it. As I recall, it involved a specific change (temporarily) to that terrain type's entry in the Rules.txt file, then stacking on a whole bunch of Engineers on each space you wanted a river, then setting them to 'transform terrain' all at once. Unfortunately, I can't remember the nitty-gritty details that fully make that work, as that's as far as I recall. I hope that serves as a starting point and can help.

That's what I recall. The transform command from the rules needs to be labeled no, like the space title in the MOO2 scenario. Now whether it gives the normal river benefit or glitches out I'm not sure as the river did odd things.

Top Bottom