1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancel Orders

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Spoonwood, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

What effect does having "Cancel Orders for Friendly Combat Units" and "Cancel Orders for Enemy Combat Units" have when checked vs. not checked?

2. creamcheese

creamcheese Spreading since 1990

Auto-moving and automated units will stop being automated if an enemy or friendly unit is within range of them after the inter-turn. I usually use the enemy unit one so if I sent a transport somewhere on automove it will stop if it is about to run in to an enemy. It is not terribly useful really.

I'm not sure what other effects it has, that's just what I have noticed.

3. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

It might de-fortify units, too. Or that might be Sentry mode; can anyone confirm? :scan:

4. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter King

I think it'll wake up Workers from their jobs (regardless of whether you Automated them or not) if you have the Enemy one on. I don't think anything wakes up Fortified units; I wouldn't think Sentry would matter, because it's supposed to wake up on contact with a unit that's not yours, and there's a specific order for Enemy-Only wakeups.