Can't build ICBM nukes

CivMatt

Chieftain
I'm playing the Babylonians against four other civs; I've researched Fission, Rocketry, and Satellites. I have pleanty of Uranium avaliable to me, and I want to build some ICBMs. But when I click on a city's production, ICBMs aren't avaliable. Does anyone know what I am missing? Do I need to research anything else?

Thanks

You need aluminum too.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have aluminum too. I know that if you build Manhattan Project that everyone will have ICBM capabilities, but I'm trying to get that ability solely for myself. That's why I researched all those techs. Has anyone been able to build ICBMs without building the Manhattan Project?

Thanks

My understanding is that you CAN'T build ICBM's without the Manhattan Project, ergo once you've got the ability, everyone who has researched all the necessary tech to build will also be able to build ICBM'S when M.P. is finished. The only advantage you may have is that if you're WAY ahead of everyone else tech-wise you may have the ICBM's to yourself until they catch up on research. I could be wrong about this, but the reason I think the premise is sound is the example of a civ who hasn't mastered metallurgy capturing a cannon. The cannon is destroyed, rather than captured. No civ can use technology they haven't discovered for themselves, so it's reasonable that they can't build Nukes if they don't have fission.

Top Bottom