Can't Purchase great people

Ok So I currently raged quit my game because The game screwed me over let me explain:

I was playing hiawatha on a amazon map and was going for a science victory AS soon as entered the renaissance era I Opened rationalisme and as soon as I opened industrial era I opened order

I didn't bother going for a religion So I've skipt temples only shrines

as the game progresses I've got olmost 1000 faith so I went to the religion menu to set automatic purchasing great people (scientists). However it seems I can't purchase great engineers and great scientist Because I don't had a religion?

i thought Religion was optional ? Lead designer of civ 5 said that religion is a option but cleary it is necesairy for purchasing great people?

Basicly you need a religion in one of you're cities and the Ai was beeing stupid by not spreading their religion to me : ( Even theodora just sits their with her howly city I don't get thanxs game.

Did anybody knew this? Kinda stupid that you need a religion for purchasing great people. Screwed my game over thanxs :(

Yeah, this is embedded in the religion mechanic. You can go out and capture a GPr or missionary and use it to spread to one of your cities, but that's about it.

Religion is optional, but you want to purchase a GP with religion. It's optional, but you have to have a religion to use religion. Makes sense to me.

You can purchase great people with faith once you've entered Industrial regardless of whether you have a religion or not.

My games back the difference because I am in the industrial currently now and I can't purchase at least I can't see the option to do it ( I don't have the faith yet).
Buy still can't see a option

You need A religion in the city you are buying post-Industrial GP in. Does not have to be YOUR religion. In fact, you need not have founded any religion.

You need A religion in the city you are buying post-Industrial GP in. Does not have to be YOUR religion. In fact, you need not have founded any religion.

Yes I know I find it a little bit broken and unbalanced because I can't purchase great people because the Ai doesn't bother converting me and when it does it has to much presure from other civs that it becomes neutral again :(

Those times that I skip religion most of my cities have become religious by the time I hit the industrial era, usually sooner than that.

Usually, if you're playing Emperor+, then someone will have converted one of your cities by the time you need to buy GPs. Below that, you might want to create your own as the AI is too slow and not aggressive enough.

Usually, if you're playing Emperor+, then someone will have converted one of your cities by the time you need to buy GPs. Below that, you might want to create your own as the AI is too slow and not aggressive enough.

I was playing at emperor but the AI just doesn't want to convert me and if they did it went back to neutral because of the preasure of constantinople :(

Top Bottom