CET PTW multyplayer converence corner

ERIKK

multiplayer
CET = Central European Timezone!

Hello fellow players,

I don't know if the moderators approve a thread like this, if they don't: close it.

I think it is wise to set up some nation-based player groups to be able play decent games. I say decent because a civ-game takes a lot of time and discussion about playtimes, set-ups etc... So, to encounter these things we might want to set up local player groups based on timezones, language (maybe).

Any reactions please?

ps; looking at Thunderfalls remark about clans in this thread, we could start a Dutch PTW group :scan: , playing amongst each other or against other clans.

Thanks for comments in advance!

ERIKK :D

ERIKK, as we discussed before. I AM IN.

Hopefully I get my US order soon so that we can start thinking how we want to play it.

Originally posted by Civanator
isn't the CET timezone +1 to +3 GMT? I was wondering, cause i might play with you guys, even though i live in a -5 GMT timezone

It is GMT + 1! It is possible; if we play in the evening it will be daytime at your place.

well 1+ Ill be in when I get it... am I the only person from this tiny Island that plays this game?

Originally posted by Sgt.Hellfish
well 1+ Ill be in when I get it... am I the only person from this tiny Island that plays this game?

There's more in the demogame from that tiny Island. ;)

I'm in too, yet I don't know whether I'll play a lot of games. And I think I'll only play turn based games and preferably with more than three which will take several sessions, and my experience with Civ2 is that people usually want to finish a game in one session. :undecide: But apart from that, I'm in! :)

Originally posted by Matrix
I'm in too, yet I don't know whether I'll play a lot of games. And I think I'll only play turn based games and preferably with more than three which will take several sessions, and my experience with Civ2 is that people usually want to finish a game in one session. :undecide: But apart from that, I'm in! :)

I would like to play turn based too (old style) and with as much people as possible. This will (probably) take lots of time and planning. A game might can take up many sessions.... (see Narz's civ2 MP-game). Therefore setting up a strict plan (times, dates) will be neccesary (spelling??? :confused: ). I think only the die hards wanna play such games :borg: !

So, we got to find some reliable fellow die hards...!:scan:

I'm in too, no problem with multiple sessions and turn based mode, I just hope my connection is fast enough. I haven't played any MP games via internet yet (only via local networks). I have cable connection but with a 28k8 modem.

A Dutch clan is a great idea, any ideas about a name? Too bad we still have to wait about a month before we get PTW here in Holland. It will not be a very nice month with all the Americans already playing and we having to read about it on the forums. :(

Originally posted by Kemal
A Dutch clan is a great idea, any ideas about a name? Too bad we still have to wait about a month before we get PTW here in Holland. It will not be a very nice month with all the Americans already playing and we having to read about it on the forums. :(

How about the Flying Dutchmen? I Western European clan could be feasible as well.

And there will most likely be at least one Dutchman playing and posting if EBGames do their job :D

Originally posted by ERIKK
I would like to play turn based too (old style) and with as much people as possible. This will (probably) take lots of time and planning. A game might can take up many sessions.... (see Narz's civ2 MP-game). Therefore setting up a strict plan (times, dates) will be neccesary (spelling??? :confused: ). I think only the die hards wanna play such games :borg: !

So, we got to find some reliable fellow die hards...!:scan:
It's doable. There have been several so-called "diplogames": Multiplayer games where diplomacy was actually involved. (One of my biggest diappointments at CFC was discovering that standard Civ2 MP games do not involve diplomacy but were played just as some other RTS game.) But to play such a diplogame you really need to agree to play at a certain time every week, or day. I tried it once with 5 and later on 4 others, but we did not succeed. :(

Anyway, I'm very glad that one is still able to multitask during Civ3, so that I'll be able to do other things when it's not my turn... :)

By the way, it's "nescessary". ;)

Folks!

This forum is growing too fast and will become a thread jungle in a few weeks. I will set up a new thread by the time the game ships in the Netherlands; the Dutch PTW thread (for all CET players). Then we can make appointsments and/or a sort of a schedule. Also, I anybody has a better plan: please let me know!

Keep an eye out in this forum!

ERIKK

Originally posted by ERIKK
I will set up a new thread by the time the game ships in the Netherlands; the Dutch PTW thread (for all CET players).

:lol:

CET? I think we've to pick something from colonization or something. I mean, something to remember all from our former colonies (i.e. New York) who's the boss here...

Originally posted by Shabbaman

:lol:

CET? I think we've to pick something from colonization or something. I mean, something to remember all from our former colonies (i.e. New York) who's the boss here...

Ehhh, what do you mean?

ps;
CET = central european timezone

Top Bottom