Challenge-XX-02

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series - "Rise of the English". Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but your best submission meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.005 <<
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Religious (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Warlord
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Great Plains
  • Required: One City Challenge
  • Civ: England
  • Opponents: Must include America (Washington), Carthage (Hannibal), China (Qin Shi Huang), Native America (Sitting Bull), Ottoman (Suleiman), Persia (Darius)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 25th June 2018 to 24th January 2019

The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
I think this difficulty gets 2 free wins vs. barbs.

Haven't seen great plains with its crazy starts in a long time.

Oh!
You're right, it is 3 wins.

Keep in mind those free wins are not 100% guaranteed.
It is still possible for the barbarian to inflict some damage, but it is very rare.
Spoiler :

Once the human gets 3 wins against the barbs, then battle odds are correct once again.

So, faceplanted again.
DoW'd a faraway civ for some extra diplo, forgot his Warrior can kill my Christian missionary.
Spoiler :

But the 3rd try was a charm!
Got the exact votes needed with Churchill (+2 happiness might be better than Elizabeth)...
Spoiler :

Great Plains can take a lot of walking for the missionaries.
Send out 3 right away to the farthest civs.
Carefully count tiles and if you build a moderately sized road, it might be possible to build the final 3 missionaries after the AP, but it is very difficult to do.
Don't forget spreading to a city with 1 religion present is only like 83% or 87% chance to spread successfully.

Don't really need much hut luck on this one, just a Worker from 1st or 2nd hut.

Last edited:
This is harder than it looks. I've been trying for a day or so (it's a pretty short game, except that I can't get a win ;)) and finally decided to try Kaitzilla's 1880 save, to see if I could get there with a head start. I could not. I didn't get a vote until 1000 BC (probably because I built a missionary part way through building the AP), didn't get pop up and washington was the guy every disliked, not hannibal.

ok - apparently, aggressive leaders is the key to keeping them from spamming missionaries. I got a 650 BC, which is nothing, but hey! I got on the board! ish.

Top Bottom