Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Yes, with some changes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
I corrected the name in an edit. It was erroneous.
I thought you meant the tennis player, and I was wondering if you intended her as a Great Sportsperson...

Regarding Oktyabrskaya, as impressive as her story is she seems to have been no more than a tank driver. For me, a Great General has to be someone who commanded a group of people.

I thought you meant the tennis player, and I was wondering if you intended her as a Great Sportsperson...
Well, she's also alive, so she'd be out of the question regardless.

Speaking of athletes, I think they could be combined with actors, performers, more modern musicians etc. as Great Entertainers. All of their respective buildings that they are associated with, for the most part, are part of the Entertainment Complex.

I used to like civ 4 when they used to use females in modern espionage and I think when communism was researched the spy turns into a woman. Idk great women could provide something relevant to what they did. So for example, if you choose let's say Harriet tubman? You get an increase towards research of democracy and you could choose whether you want to use them in science or culture or any other way so if again harriet Tubman for culture you could get an increase towards social policies. Sort of like the eureka or the inspiration but chosen in women great people.

I used to like civ 4 when they used to use females in modern espionage and I think when communism was researched the spy turns into a woman. Idk great women could provide something relevant to what they did. So for example, if you choose let's say Harriet tubman? You get an increase towards research of democracy and you could choose whether you want to use them in science or culture or any other way so if again harriet Tubman for culture you could get an increase towards social policies. Sort of like the eureka or the inspiration but chosen in women great people.
In Civ2, the Diplomat unit, who comes with, Writing, I think, is obviously male (even has a top hat and looks quite cartoonish), but the Spy unit (comes with Espionage) definitely looks like a female Cold War movie spy in a black outfit and seems to modeled after the Modern Foreign Minister in the video High Council.

They also use female names for spies in Civ 6, along with delegations, and traders etc. all the way starting from the Ancient Era in Civ 6. So, I don't necessarily understand the point you are trying to make, unless you want them to exclusively be female?
But isn't that the case right now? We already have Great Persons who are women.
I think the least they could do is make separate models for Great Persons who are women, because on the map they are just male. But other than that I agree that it works as intended, and there's no need for a special category called Great Women.

Agree with having separate models for men/women great people, that's pretty much all that needs done in term of having great women in the game.

And before anyone even head there, we can worry about any additional identities if and when a person from one of those identities is to be added to the game. Until then, it's a largely academic question.

They also use female names for spies in Civ 6, along with delegations, and traders etc. all the way starting from the Ancient Era in Civ 6. So, I don't necessarily understand the point you are trying to make, unless you want them to exclusively be female?

I think the least they could do is make separate models for Great Persons who are women, because on the map they are just male. But other than that I agree that it works as intended, and there's no need for a special category called Great Women.
Ahh.. they used female names already.. good to know. Wish I could've caught that. I appreciate how she is used in civilization though. She's all hidden and stuff. 😀

Top Bottom