Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I'll ask for a fock

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • This is a ridiculous thread

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters

stormbind

Retenta personam!
As it seems we are all heading to China for the games, shouldn't we concern ourselves with what we are going to eat on arrival?

Judging by Chinatown, the Chinese aren't big on vegetarianism. I have heard they eat pig-brains and may be partial to sucking fish noses.

Also beware when buying mints, apparently Polo translates into pineapple. Best of luck!

Judging by Chinatown, the Chinese aren't big on vegetarianism. I have heard they eat pig-brains and may be partial to sucking fish noses.

Many Chinese vegetarians are religiously motivated, and most Chinese eaters are less wasteful than American eaters. They managed to cook delicious meals out of almost all parts of the animals they consume.

Nobody told me I had to go to China! :run:

(My chopstick skills have been impeccable for years.)

I confess that my chopstick skills are super chop-chop. However, I am informed that the method I use is very traditional. I'm guessing the Chinese members know only what that means.

It's not the cooking that concerns me, it's the choice of which parts are selected for chewing. Consider the the skull of a fisk cooked whole: it's full of cartillage and sticky parts that most Europeans do not frequently suck dry and masticate. The texture is alien and may induce heaving.

This Japanese example is for illustrative purposes only and suggests it will be on tourist menus:

Yummy eye-ball and gills. What other cultural delights are likely to shock us? :)

Don't worry about what you are eating. Those Chinese can chop-chop anything to make it look like whatever they want it to look like..

Many Chinese vegetarians are religiously motivated
Which religions and are these, and are they common in Beijing? :)

...most Chinese eaters are less wasteful than American eaters.
Could American waste shock and congest Chinese plumming? :confused:

Do you know what is better than eating Chinese food with chop sticks ? Eating Chinese food with some new , great,amazing, excellent ,incredible inventions known as fork , knife ,spoon. Joking aside , is there any food which is easier to eat with chop-sticks rather than with the usual, but ten times better , conventional : fork,spoon ,knife ?

Noodles I would say. Eating pasta requires either a spoon to twirl or a knife to cut.

Do you know what is better than eating Chinese food with chop sticks ? Eating Chinese food with some new , great,amazing, excellent ,incredible inventions known as fork , knife ,spoon. Joking aside , is there any food which is easier to eat with chop-sticks rather than with the usual, but ten times better , conventional : fork,spoon ,knife ?
Just about everything except big tough things like bacon and whole steak, which the Chinese would cut into bit-sized chunks before serving.

I practiced eating sandwich with chopsticks and even that works. Cut by stabbing holes as in perforated paper. How can you eat rice with a fork? :confused:

How about using a truely modern electric blender and a straw? :)

When I'm at home, I prefer using chopsticks to a fork for garden salads. It's just a better eating experience, in my opinion. You can pick up veggie chunks with chopsticks better than you can with a fork. Unless of course you're ******ed. ;)

According to the national CFC media, both the European fork and Chinese chopstick are outperformed by the American strategy (described by Dida, see above, as more wasteful)...

It's not the cooking that concerns me, it's the choice of which parts are selected for chewing. Consider the the skull of a fisk cooked whole: it's full of cartillage and sticky parts that most Europeans do not frequently suck dry and masticate. The texture is alien and may induce heaving.

I'v heard a fish's head is the most tasty part of its body. Personally I enjoy eating the eyeball and flesh, leaving the cartilage alone. Obviously someone more skilled at eating fish could do better.
People should eat as much of the same animal as they reasonably can, to minimize effect of human consumption on the ecosystem.

According to the national CFC media, both the European fork and Chinese chopstick are outperformed by the American strategy (described by Dida, see above, as more wasteful)...

that's disgusting and reminds me of something wholly unrelated to the enjoyment of food.

I'v heard a fish's head is the most tasty part of its body. Personally I enjoy eating the eyeball and flesh, leaving the cartilage alone. Obviously someone more skilled at eating fish could do better.
People should eat as much of the same animal as they reasonably can, to minimize effect of human consumption on the ecosystem.
I acknowledge the merit in your argument. However, certain "bad stuff" collects in only certain regions of a consumed organism and selective eating may have health benefits.

For example, I think toxic heavy metals collect under the skin. Certain life-threatening diseases (i.e. vCJD) are believed present in only spinal regions of the body. Pesticides are stored in only certain parts of a vegetable (i.e. the top cm of a carrot).

My appologies to anyone offended by the previous image, my mind doesn't have the required predictive imagery of some other readers. How about the following invention instead?

China is not the only place where they use Chopsticks. Dont neglect Japan and Vietnam.

Or Korea, Taiwan, Tibet and probably others ;)

The chopsticks depicted do not look Chinese to me. What is the Chinese tradition on coats of arms and where can you find the unicode characters in MS Windows? :)

Top Bottom