civ3 save game map revealer by Zhura

Oh, where have you been 2 month ago? :))
I have to admit that your example is better than my program...
but it still has more than 600 downloads and I'm glad :))

Originally posted by hagbart
hmm... probably a great utility, but its quicker just to save the game as multi.sav and load it again. But goodjob done! :goodjob:
That will be gone in next patch.

Sounds like it's a great tool but it doesn't do anything for me. Did they change something in 1.17 that makes this not work properly?

Maybe I just did something wrong?

Win2kPro
rename my game to map.sav
run reveal03.exe
load civ3
load save game revmap.sav

That's it right?

Thanks.

yet not tested with 1.17
be done as soon as possible...
may be you can send me you save in zip to szhura2@hotmail.com
to speed up this process?

Originally posted by kingbob
Might as well wait a few days. 1.21 patch is supposed to be released Friday.

Does this work with 1.21f? Is there a map revealer that works with 1.21f?

Thanks,

Here's your comment:
Some say, I'm a cheater, but they just say that, because they can't cheat on their own.
I AM A CHEATER!!!
AND????
I HURT NOBODY WITH THAT!!!
Playing with a revealed map is just a help. I mean, what could you do so greatly, if you see thousands of enemy units??
The tool is cool

another question:
would it be possible to generate a map with all areas hidden that you cant see in the game?
background:
simplify making maps for games without "cheating" to have others see the whole world. an example would be the demogame, were tools extracting the whole map are not allowed.
the idea would be to have a tool to extract the same thing you can see by scrolling thru the game into a graphic (png?). unknown areas as well as the "fog of war" must be maintained.
at the moment, this is hard screenshot-cut&paste work.

Hi!

It didn't work for me.

Does it work for v1.29?

I renamed my file to map.sav, then placed it in the same directory as reveal03. There are no other files in the same directory. Just reveal03 and map.sav.

I double clicked reveal03 and revmap.sav came up.

I copied revmap.sav into my Saves folder of my civ3 directory and loaded the "saved" game.

But it doesn't show me the whole map.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

So, any word yet on 1.29? A map revealer would
be very helpful for mod makers. I start my world
just post WW2, and bloody h*ll it is no fun moving
80 50-move man-of-war around big maps just to
reveal the map for myself and the computer
players (via trading). I'll code it myself if
I knew now =)

I abandoned game long ago - so I guess there is no reason to wait another version from me...
guess that this is my last post on this forum - and sorry again...

Zhura,

I know you've stopped working on this program now.
That is OK but I hope you can help me.
I am looking for info about Save Game (*.SAV) files in Civ3.
Any parts of the file are good - Map info; Rules info; anything.

-Adrain.

CornMaster,

Thx 4 that.
I was actually interested in filling out on some info not posted on that thread (yet?) which I guessed Zhura might know as he's programmed with it.
I guess he's maybe lost interest in this topic so I'll see if I can work some out by looking at the data some more.
Then, when I've finished, I'll get a life.

-Adrain.

highcouncil

i agreem i think that online onlime cheating sucks, i dont hurt anyone when i cheat at solo.
i play a lot of games online (d2, civ3, rtcw, wolf:et, ut2k3,...) and i dont cheat at any of them, but when i'm playing offline sometimes i like to cheat for 2 reasons:
1-it may help if i'm totaly f*ck3|) up
2- in same cases it is FUN! :D

soz for this off topic
about the tool i like it, bue i use gramphos SGE (u said u didnt have comments on that) which as a option similar to this utility.

but keep on going! i would like to have youir programing skills and time to do some like this.

That could be because changes have been introduced in recent versions which cause the code not to work correctly.
Bear in mind, this was developed quite a while ago and is no longer supported by its author.
On the other hand, it may be a local issue on your PC or with your set-up.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48270

This thread above may help but only for understanding of the issues - it won't get the job done for you.

Top Bottom