Civ5: Gallowglass

zwei833

Emperor
The Gallowglasses were a class of elite mercenaries from mainly Norse-Gaelic clans between the 13th and 16th centuries. Their name is anglicized from the Irish term ‘gallóglaigh’, meaning ‘foreign young warrior’, as the Scots shared common background with the Gaels. Gallowglasses were first recorded in 1259 when Aedh Ó Conchobair, the King of Connacht received 160 Scotting warriors as part of a dowry. Gallowglasses typically wielded a massive two-handed sparth axe and a broadsword, his squires would also carry his throwing spears into battle. By 1512 there were suggested to be 59 groups of gallowglasses across Ireland under their nobility. Gallowglasses remained in commission even during the rise of firearms, they were a part of Hugh Ó Neill’s forces in the Nine Years War against England. By 1601 however recruitment waned, mercenaries remained in commission until the 1640s.
(Source: More civ's Scotland mod)

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23243

Thank-you for this... I had made my own flag icon for a unit like this, quite similar in fact, but you unit and icon will work better. I'll repurpose mine, I think.

No, the unit icon and protarit are not include, if you want the icon you should ask @Pouakai , it is from his More Civilizations's Scotland mod.

Top Bottom