Civ6 Tank

Yet another silly thread XD
What is this unit represents? it appears in late Modern Era with Combustion tech. the graphical representation is Sherman.
1. 1917-1929 tanks
2. 1930-1942 tanks (particularly the 'fast' ones) since Vickers 6-ton onwards. (cavalry and armored units are different units)
3. 1942-1950 (or maybe 1960s) tanks (which Sherman definitely is), which the term 'cavalry' now included them
4: Including 1960s until Composite armor tanks (Modern Armor) came to exists.

And.
1. Acutally should they appear in Modern Era or Atomic one?
2. If this tank represents anything before 1942 stage of evolutions. so should 'Cavalry Tank' appears with the looks of Patton in Atomic Era?
or
Should 'Landship' returns?

^ Not really.
just many doubtful units.

Actually units like Musketmen, Pike and Shot and so had already been clarified with discussions with Boris so it is concluded long ago.
One thing is that. Tanks increased in speed and firepower within a timeframe between 1917-1942. If there will be TWO separate units to represent heavy armor of the two different eras. mmm
1. Landships
2. Tank

What represents the fast tanks introduced in 1930 (Vickers 6-ton Mark E) until the first 'Cavalry Tank' like T-34 made a debut in combat in 1941-1942 (not sure when did Soviets unvieled this tank but it should be when German Invaders bogged down in a bad winter of 1941-1942. actually i'm not really sure, just guessing)
Characteristics. the 1930s tanks are.. for many countries particularly those that aren't yet industrialized.. the first tanks. it has a firepower and protection comparable to WW1 tanks (or slightly better.. usually a 37 or 47 mm cannon, and a couples of MGs) but the speed of automobiles (or slightly slower but supporting footsloggers surely can't really catch up with them, this is the reason why motorized and mechanized infantry concept was devised).

The Cuirassier is our industrial heavy cav.
Tanks fit the gap between them and Modern Armor. There really isn’t land ship space if you consider that atomic and info eras never double dip upgrades.
You’d be hard pressed to fit it in. Some modern units are more ww2 while some straddle both world wars, so I guess you could I’m theory make a modern landship going to an atomic tank and a info modern armor. But... you’d really need to lengthen the game pace.

But the tank unit in Civ4,5, and likely 6 is sort of everything WW2 including early MBTs. I would say your tanks like the Leopard, Abrams, etc, are “modern armor.” (Loosely 1980s.)

^ Didn't you notice that the game progress considerably too fast?
Modern Era could even begin in mid 1700s !!!?

So it seems okay to have 'Tank' covers everything from WW1 Rhomboid Landships to Pattons, Centurions, and T-55 ??

mmm if the game is to be elongated. there neeeds one tech and civic at the end of Modern Era.

What should the End of Modern Era tech be? (is 'Electronics' okay?)
What should the End of Modern Era civics be?

Top Bottom