Civilizations in Civ 5: New World

What New World civilizations do you want in Civ 5?

• Mali

Votes: 63 58.3%
  • Ethiopia

Votes: 71 65.7%
  • Congo/Kongo

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Yoruba/Nigeria

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Bushmen/Khoisan

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Zulu

Votes: 68 63.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Australia

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Indigenous Australians/Aborigines

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Maori

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Polynesia

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Canada

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 80 74.1%
  • Sioux

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Cherokee

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Navajo

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 83 76.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Maya

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • Colombia/Gran Colombia

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Inca

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Argentina

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 19 17.6%

• Total voters
If they just bring back the editor that they had for Civ III and make it built-in this time, then we can all create whichever civs we want.

They also need to make it easier to just put in still images for the leader heads.

The problem with comparing the civilisations with how they are in real life is that most of these civilisations flowed from one into the other. USA nowadays comes mostly from west european colonists, mexicans and brazilians probably have aztecs and incans as their forefathers, along with some latino blood, Australia consists mostly of colonists too from western europe. To have every meaningful civ in the game, maybe one civ needs to transform into another. For example, if you found a colony, it can declare independence, and then become the USA, instead of letting the USA start in 4000BC.

Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, Cherokee, Soiux, Zulu, Mali, Ethiopia, Aboriginees, Polynesians, Inuits, Phillipinos as the sort of ancient civs.

Canada, Mexico, USA, Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, Congo, and Argentina, as more modern civs.

Mali, Ethiopia, US, Iroquois, Aztec, Maya, Inca.

I am very tired of the Zulu being in civ games. They have no historical significance.

Why would anyone put in Brazil? It has never realy done anything significant at all. I would love Canada proffessionaly made by Firaxis, but it realy shouldn't be there. And I don't know why you put the United States up there, there is like a %100 chance that Firaxis will put it in. And when civ 5 does come out, the vanilla version will have no new civilizations, just 20 or so basic ones.
But besides that, I defenitly want Aztecs, Mayas, United States, Sioux, Zulu, Iroquois, Incans, and Polynesia to make an apearance at some point in the expansion packs. I wouldn't mind Ethiopia, Nigheria, or the Aboriginies but the all the others shouldn't be included :)

North America(Needed):
United States of America
Iroquois
Sioux

North America(Wanted)
Apache
Canada
Mexico
Cherokee
Inuit

I'd say the Canadians should be in. Yes, we started off as a colony of British and French, but hey, since Civ 4 has colonies, why shouldn't we be in? Best economy not already in the game. Unique building: either CANDU reactor, or CanadArm. Unique unit could be either be something like a more advanced explorer-type unit, some sort of "peacekeeper" unit, or maybe even the Avro Arrow (even if it was never used).

You make an excellent point. Civilization has colony civs now. Australia, Brazil and Canada should be in for that reason ( probably good from a marketing standpoint , too.)

Certainly Canada has provided the best peacekeepers the UN has ever used.

To my way of thinking, the RCMP is a must for a UU. Coolest uniform ever.
Cavalry with either a city pacificatin bonus, or can see spies and other invisible units ( they always get their man ).

TransCanadian railway should be a World Wonder.

I vote for Malacca, a Malay Kingdom risen circa 1400 and it indicated the golden age of Malay Civilization in Malaysia.
Can use Sultan Mansur Shah as the Leader of Malacca and Bugis Warrior(carrying Kris weapon) as the unique unit.

All colonial countries must be included. (Also, vote for me.:D)

Top Bottom