Colonies IV BetaTesters' Thread

Sorry, my fault. I believed that farmlands were not effective in hills, but I've checked it again and I've discovered that I was wrong.... Sorry.

This final playtesting a taking a while - I'm a bit busy IRL at the moment - but I do hope to get the game published before Friday this week. So, just about last chance for any suggested improvements, etc.

Thanks, again for all your help guys. Your credits are all in the documentation now.

Originally posted by Patient English
So, just about last chance for any suggested improvements, etc.

Can you give us the quick low down on what you decided to do about Swamps and Plantations?

Originally posted by Patient English
They both stay, and they continue to work as before. But there are no Swamps in Europe now.

Been kind of quiet here any news John?

I told you those nuptuals would get in the way of your CIV time!:D

I'm playing as the Swedes right now. Is it meant to be that they are so powerful?
I captured entire Germany with those Shock Cavalery. They just totally rock. :goodjob:

Just in time, Jhon - The next week will be one I'll have more free time in for a couple of months :)

No major changes.

1) The ships sink at a base chance of 1:20 rather than 1:15

2) The Colonists come a little less frequently for all.

3) The Catholic League is now called the Hapsburg Empire. It starts in Absloutism, but doesn't have the tech. This means the AI will swap out of it early on, but it is significant in MP to balance the strong Swedes.

I like the new name of the Catholic League, but would not be better Eastern Hapsburg? After all, the Spanish kings were also Hapsburg ;)

The frequence of colonist - I rely now on the slaves to do the dirty job and build cities ;)

I'm willing for reading the Player's and Designer's notes :) I'll be nervous until the Monday ;)

Yop, the event that creates Swedish slaves is:

@IF
UNITKILLED
unit=Africans
attacker=Swedes
defender=Natives
@THEN
CREATEUNIT
unit=Slaves
owner=Swedes
veteran=no
homecity=NONE
locations
endlocations
@ENDIF

The first location is on the African coast, near Freetown. If that is not possible (because another civ has a unit or city there), they should appear in Stockholm.

Top Bottom