Completely cannot get into ModBuddy (error 0xc000007b)

Gameboy2396

Chieftain
I have finished icons to add into new BLP files for the Basic Modern Civilizations mod (originally by Gedemon, I took the reins for the mod and developed it myself from a few months ago) but now I am trying to open ModBuddy and it completely refuses to load, even if I have uninstalled and reinstalled the development tools. Very unhelpful when I have been working so hard on it, because I'm down to a few things that require the use of ModBuddy to edit, like leader fallbacks that are cooked into BLPs that I do not have the original files that go inside of them. Do any of you know how to fix this problem? I really need to get this update out with all these new countries I've loved working on.

Attachments

• 1658826385012.png
    1658826385012.png
    12 KB · Views: 19

How to fix error 0xc000007b​

Last modification:January 27, 2021 at 11:09 am by Pedro Muxfeldt .
When opening a game or program on your PC, you may see the following message appear on the screen: "The application cannot be launched correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application". This message appears when there is some incompatibility in the Visual Studio libraries due to a discrepancy between the 32-bit and 64-bit modules. In this article, we present a simple way to solve the error 0xc000007b by deleting the files responsible for the failure.

How to fix error 0xc000007b​

Last modification:January 27, 2021 at 11:09 am by Pedro Muxfeldt .
When opening a game or program on your PC, you may see the following message appear on the screen: "The application cannot be launched correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application". This message appears when there is some incompatibility in the Visual Studio libraries due to a discrepancy between the 32-bit and 64-bit modules. In this article, we present a simple way to solve the error 0xc000007b by deleting the files responsible for the failure.
I can't see a link to the page you were pasting into your reply just above... could you share a link to me?

Looking into it, the link is bogus, does not show solution! Instead Google search is the right solution: “To fix the error, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), which contains the Visual Studio 2010 libraries. Finally, restart your PC and open the program that caused the problem. The error should no longer appear and the software will run normally."

Top Bottom