Core techs and buildings

zeporro

Chieftain
So I was wondering wich techs and buildings do you think are more important to rush in early game.

IMO you should go after techs with affinity points, as for buildings you should try and get buildings that improve production and energy, since you'll need to fight the AI's spam with spam of your own. My advice would also be to get the tech that gets you an institute so you can get that free tech, and use that free tech on something that's expensive to research and allows a new unit, like a GOLEM or something. Finally, get computing ASAP. Spies are crucial.

Pioneering first. Even after tons of play I'm still torn between fast engineering (to spot titanium) or fast recycler/lab, but definitely one of those two. After that it seems almost entirely dependent on the situation. Generally though I think you should circle around with the cheaper branch techs. Getting your xenomass and fixarite mined early on seems preferable to me than super fast academy or institute which will stunt your growth if you time it wrong.

Imo some of it depends on your affinity, but not much. I usually start with the traits that give me Pioneering and visible resources, so I focus research on chemistry - genetics - ecology - physics - engineering. I tend to want to grt the usual buildings of trade depot, recycler, clinic, pharmalab, laboratory. And then ultrasonic fence to get the trade route protection so that I can start bashing alien skulls.

Top Bottom