1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Corporation Executives: Red Unresponsible Blobs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by hevehoc, Apr 19, 2010.

1. hevehoc

hevehoc Warlord

Hello

I have a problem, when i train a corporation executive i suddenly realize that the game have fooled me and instead spawned a big red blob! But seriously, i would really like to play this game with corporations but now i can't expand them. :(
    Here's a picture of my problem:
    Spoiler :

Yes i worldbuilded those

This mod is RFC but i first encountered it in MaxRiga mod and i have also seen it in normal BtS.
    So if anyone could help me i would be very thankful and, well Good Day to you sir. :p

2. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

The red blob is what Civ uses if it can't find a graphic file. So somehow the graphic for a corporation executive has been corrupted/deleted. Is it the same for all corporation executives? Did it happen before you installed the mods? What OS are you using? Did you install with administrator rights? Have you patched the game? Are you using the right mod for the patch level you are running?

3. hevehoc

hevehoc Warlord

Yes all those blobs that i put out are the different executives in the game.
    No it happened first when i was playing maxriga, but since it is on all other mods too (And regular BtS) i think the problem is in the regular game.
    Windows Vista 32 Bit, but as the executives worked fine before...
    It was quite long ago so i don't remember.
    Yes the game is patched fully.
    So are the mods.

I played Maxriga as USA (or CSA cause i won the war) then i saved and went to do something else so i turned of the game. Later when i was going to load the game this just happened (I think it happened first to my Cereal Mills executive, but at the same time when i trained a Creative Con executive, he didn't work either).

4. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

As it happened whe you first played maxriga, I would guess that installing that mod corrupted the graphics. Have you looked/asked in the thread/forum for the mod in the creation and customisation forum on this site? My only other suggestion unfortunately is to reinstall.

5. hevehoc

hevehoc Warlord

Yes i was thinking of that option too, so i think i shall do it. Very well thank you anyway, i'll come again if the problem is still there.