Crashing Issues

Heeebusgeebus

Chieftain
Hi all been away awhile, but still playing the game, or trying too... Since Gathering storms upgrade, I have a lot of early on crashing like with in 20 to 50 turns then the game seems to stabalize... If I save it doesnt seem to happen as often, or at all so I have gotten into the habit of saving every 10 turns or so. Also direct x12 was never stable for me, these issues never seemed to bother me too much ( hassle reloading yes) untill I mentioned it to a friend in discord and he told me his version, and direct x12 is stable. Sometimes I crash right out to desktop, sometimes it locks up, n all lock ups n crashing is when its cycling threw AI players

My system is fairly new ( incase someone thinks its the problem) I9 9900K, with a 2080 super

Mine's been freezing between turns every few turns starting around the Renaissance since the August patch.

So I've been saving every turn, as the autosave isn't created yet when the game freezes, so I have to replay an entire turn if I don't manually save.

I'm using DX 11. Theoretically, my old video card is supposed to support DX 12, but the driver is no longer supported, and it's never worked with DX 12.

Mine had issues with x12 so I stopped trying, untill this morning that is, n its running finewith it... if x11 wasnt giving me issues I wouldnt have bothered to try

and she just froze up again... I can do everything, but the please wait others are taking there turn is showing and wont allow me to do my turn, or move ahead...

this was a diferent, weirder freeze, allowed me to open tab n save, look @ cities but not change production, but I couldnt move units or end turn

I have several CTDs since the last update. Sometimes I couldn't even finish one turn before the next one occurs. Very bad had no issues before whatsoever. And that's on PS4!

runs fine now, always seems early on in starting a new game, if I play an old map it never crashes, or once I went say 50 rounds or so it runs fine, but before that it freezes up, or crashes out to desktop

Top Bottom