[R&F] Creating a new unit using existing animations, art, etc

Question

King
Im trying to create more units for scouts to upgrade to as the gap between scout -> ranger -> spec ops is way too large.

Using SQL I managd to insert all the existing gameplay data (or at least i think I did)...but I am not sure how to tell the game to use the existing scout art, icons, etc.

So basically it will look exactly like the scout, but just with a different combat strength, etc.

How do you tell the game to use the existing scout art, animations, etc for a new unit? Where is that defined? The create a new unit tutorial assumes you are making everything from scratch, and i am not doing that, i just want to tell the game to use the existing scout resources.

Code:
-- Explorer, Classical Scout

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Types (Type, Kind)
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', 'KIND_UNIT');

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO UnitAiInfos (UnitType, AiType)
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', 'UNITAI_EXPLORE'),
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', 'UNITTYPE_LAND_COMBAT');

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO TypeTags (Type, Tag)
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', 'CLASS_RECON'),
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', 'CLASS_REVEAL_STEALTH');

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Units (UnitType, Cost, BaseMoves, BaseSightRange, ZoneOfControl, Domain, Combat, FormationClass, PromotionClass, AdvisorType, Name, Description, PurchaseYield, PseudoYieldType)
VALUES    ('UNIT_EXPLORER', '60', '2', '3', 'true', 'DOMAIN_LAND', '30', 'FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT', 'PROMOTION_CLASS_RECON', 'ADVISOR_GENERIC', 'LOC_UNIT_EXPLORER_NAME', 'LOC_UNIT_EXPLORER_DESCRIPTION', 'YIELD_GOLD', 'PSEUDOYIELD_UNIT_EXPLORER');

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO BaseGameText (Tag, Text)
VALUES    ('LOC_UNITNAME_SUFFIX_EXPLORERS', 'Explorers'),
VALUES    ('LOC_UNIT_EXPLORER_NAME', 'Explorer'),
VALUES    ('LOC_UNIT_EXPLORER_DESCRIPTION', 'Fast-moving Classical era recon unit.');

UPDATE UnitUpgrades
SET    UpgradeUnit = UNIT_EXPLORER
WHERE  UNIT  = 'UNIT_SCOUT';

Top Bottom