Cultural dominance

Brian LeClaire

Chieftain
ive been getting a message that says I’m culturally dominant over two different civ’s but I have no idea what that means. Is there any reference anywhere that explains this?

On the cultural victory tab you have more visiting tourist than some of the other civs. When you have more visiting tourist than a civs domestic tourist you gain cultural dominance. You need to get cultural dominance over all of the civs to get a cultural victory.

In this picture America has cultural dominance over everyone but Greece, Kongo and Germany. This mean America should go to war and flip some of their high tourism cities to finish them off. America can play passively and wait 50 turns or so to have more visiting tourist.

I thought this was a post discussing having high culture on top of conquests.... anyway, glad that you have already got a detailed answer.

On the cultural victory tab you have more visiting tourist than some of the other civs. When you have more visiting tourist than a civs domestic tourist you gain cultural dominance. You need to get cultural dominance over all of the civs to get a cultural victory.

In this picture America has cultural dominance over everyone but Greece, Kongo and Germany. This mean America should go to war and flip some of their high tourism cities to finish them off. America can play passively and wait 50 turns or so to have more visiting tourist.
Awesome, thanks for the detailed information. On a side note, where is this information located? I looked everywhere but I couldn't seem to find any answers about it at all.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed information. On a side note, where is this information located? I looked everywhere but I couldn't seem to find any answers about it at all.

press F1, it will pop up at the right side of the screen

lol, thanks guys. I meant what cultural dominance actually does not where the culture menu is lol.. There doesn't seem to be a any explanation in game about that.

. I meant what cultural dominance actually does
nothing, nada. Its not like they are doing anything but wearing your blue jeans as far as I am aware. I do not believe it gives any trade benefit (or deficit)
The only thing it means is two down five to go.

That is one of the few areas I like Civ 5 better: cultural dominance came with a lot of great perks.

I'd like if cultural dominance affected loyalty more. I sort of expected it to work that way. Like how in Civ IV you could flip cities with culture. It should be easier to make cities more loyal to you with higher culture.

I'd like if cultural dominance affected loyalty more. I sort of expected it to work that way. Like how in Civ IV you could flip cities with culture. It should be easier to make cities more loyal to you with higher culture.

There should be a lot of things with CV that we don't have yet.

Top Bottom