Current Ad, Advertising lottery

Grimjack

Bounty Hunter
Hi,

The current ad I got, advertising a lottery of one kind or another, tried to download files to my computer which Networks Associates classified as virii.
:eek: :(
( Or rather redirector trojans. )

This might reflect quite badly on this otherwise well run site, so you might want to discuss this with your advertisers.

Grimjack

{ EDIT: added the exakt messages. }

The file C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0127C96V\navigation[1].htm is infected with Exploit-MhtRedir.gen Trojan. The file was successfully deleted.(from PCNAME IP 10.14.13.13 user DOMAIN\USERNAME running VirusScan Ent. 7.1.0 OAS)

Can you be a bit more specific on what lottery advert you're talking about? That would help us narrow it down a bit further.

I do not remember very much. I assumed all of us got the same advert during the period of the advert.

It is the screen you get when you enter the forums for the first time of the day.
Today it was a sweepstakes/lottery where I could 'Enter to win'.

Exploit-MhtRedir.gen Trojan
JS/Exploit-DialogArg.b Trojan

Was the report.

This was the first lottery advert I have seen. Otherwise the adscreens have been about movies and/or games.

Got it, it was the Cool cribs advertising that seemingly downloaded this.
There is a possibility that lurking adware chose that moment to trigger a download too, but there is no way for me to determine this, so Hopefully someone can confirm or refute who the culprit is.

Grimjack

I am more and more leaning on having msome sort of malware/spyware on my computer who chose that moment to download some stuff.

I understand adaware and spybot does not snag all the bad stuff there are out there.

Sorry if I raised a fuzz.

Grimjack

I surf at the CFC forums almost exclusively, and I can't say I have encountered any of these problems...

Top Bottom