Custom Assets XML Loading Question

cursif

Chieftain
A couple of questions/thoughts actually...

1. Can you mod via XML in your Custom Assets [in the "My Games" sub-folders] or do you have to do it in the main folder? I'm presuming you can, though there are no actual XML files to mess with in the Custom Assets area.

2. If so, does the Custom Assets XML load instead of or in addition to the normal XML?

I'm about to do some sleuthing on my own but wanted to pose this question in case I can't figure this out.

1. Yes. Just copy the file(s) you want to modify into the appopriate customassets subfolder and modify away.
2. Instead of. Any file that is present in the customassets folder will replace the same file in the usual place.

Thanks a lot. I just found out the hard way [a million error dialogs] that you need to copy the old files or else it doesn't know about the entries in the old XML.

cursif said:
Thanks a lot. I just found out the hard way [a million error dialogs] that you need to copy the old files or else it doesn't know about the entries in the old XML.

Yes it loads both versions in memory (luckily only the text xmls are large), and it retains both throroughout games... The reason they load both I guess is just in case you play a MP game because the custom assets files are discarded if you do that.

I also noticed in 1.08 (and still in 1.09) that modding the Default directory xml will cause games not to load if you make certain changes to the xml files. You instead have to start new games... Not sure if this effects custom assets or not.

Top Bottom