Custom Map misloading

Armise

Chieftain
Hi, I'm experimenting things on WorldBuilder and I'm trying to create a full Cold War scenario, based on Gedemon's Giant Earth (from his Yet Not Another Earth Maps Pack).
I added 16 different (vanilla) civs and 8 citystates in the game through the scenario editor, and I placed for each of them a starting location, at least one city, and some historic territory. America and Russia are the only ones playable.
But when I launch the map and the scenario from "solo", I can effectively choose either America or Russia and nothing else (which is at least a sign of life from my scenario) but when it loads, i land in a random place with no city (therefore no territory), no teams (while West Germany and East Germany are supposed to be teamed with America and USSR, respectively), a fog of war, when I set the revealed terrain for each team as worldwide (Paint tool), and city-states that I didn't include in the list of city-states I placed in the map.
Would someone know why some things load but others do not ? Does it have something to do with the fact that my scenario is not a mod, as other vanilla scenarios are ?

EDIT : the starting Tech i ordered to be completed are not respected either.

Civ 5 treats all map characteristics beyond the basics as "mod" elements. Basic stuff like terrain and some features (like marsh and forest) are retained, but start locations and player info seems to be ignored.
I know its counter-intuitive (especially when you can "load scenario" specifically from the regular interface, but you *HAVE* to load your map as a mod to get this stuff to work.
I just came back to civ5 after 2+ years absence and I experienced the same frustration. I honestly can't believe its not fixed; at this point, I guess it never will be.

Here is how you work around the problem:
• With the map in the right directory (/user/documents/my games/Civilization 5/Maps/), Start Civ5
• Choose "Mods"
• Deselect all mods in the list (you want to test your map, not others' mods)
• Click "Next" until you can choose "Single Player," and choose that
• Choose your map, and make sure to select "Load Scenario"

Thank @Dean. It's just made my day today. I spent so much time trying to make my scenario work. Worth to be mentioned in WorldBuilder FAQ

Top Bottom