Diety Strategy

Yes, Civrev is much easier than the computer games, I am still on prince on the computer but I play on diety or emperor on civrev. All the A1's in the game are morons I have to agree. They focus on war but have weak militaries because the majority of the civs put littel effort into sience if any at all. There usualy is only one civ in each game that even tries to do good in sience while the others are too busy flinging nearly worthless legion armies at you while you have cannons and rifelmen. I still surpass the tech-devoted civs by ten or so techs at the end of the game. My strategy usually is expand quickly, defend cities against the marauding A1's while building up on population and science, and then when I have cannons I rush them and stampede on the defencless A1's archers until I win a domination victory. Never ever before have I seen an A1 have tanks, artillary, or modern infantery even by 2050. I think that the game is harder on the X-box than the DS because on it the A1's actually posed a scientific challenge on emperor in areas other than military.

Kingdarius, you forgot that the Arabs are the best warrior rushers since a warrior is the equivalent of a legion. Rushing hoseman takes longer but is more effective. Early I warrior rush one city and manage to horesman rush one or if I am lucky to other cities.

And Morte Eterna, the Russians are the number one defender in both the early and late game! Archers with loyalty have 2+%100=4 strenght wich overshadows the Longbowman and the Hoplites but it is just later. And rifelman would be the same cost as Longbowman but have 10 strenght with loyalty versus 3. And the Russians are defenetly not the worst. If you play them right, you can steal almost everthing you need from your neighbors with half-cost spie rigngs. And what are you talking about with free religion? There is no religion in this game and if there was it wouldn't contribute to growth. Russians probably are not the best, but they are far from the worst.

Then you don't know religion and you tell me russians are the best defender? Maybe you can't calculate many things, or I don't know what, but, loyalty is only +50% (you don't have veteran upgrade) and they aren't the best defenders:

(2*3)army) + 100 % (fortification) + 100% (palace and loyalty) = 18

Longbow Archers: 9 + 50% (palace) + 100% (fortification) = 22,5

Then, they aren't the best defenders as you say.

However, now I want to know the civs for you are the worst, then :rolleyes:

Diety domination victory in 650 AD by Arabs on my first serious try. I agree with earlier poster that Arabs are best suited to early rush. I used horses and using my capture techs and cities got a quick bump to catapults. With some fortunate upgrades (infiltration, great leader) I rolled over the americans, russians, egyptians and finally the english. Even archer armies knelt before the fundamentalist horde.

Like the Aztecs I don't think I will ever use the Arabs again. It's too bloody easy.

I agree perfectly woth Sciguy001's general strategy. You can always beat the AI to cannons and when that happens the nearest two civs will collapse into your hands. After that it is just a matter of mopping up.

Domination in (personal best) 450 AD with Egyption horse rush- Oracle is an amazing starting wonder. I didn't lose a single unit the entire game. Trivial to develop great leaders when you know you are going to win! I took all four capitals with nothing but horses (&oracle). I had cats for the last city but couldn't drag them up to the gates before it fell to my divinely led horses.

It took longer to win (partly due to the map) but the chinese are also effective horse rushers because of their extra pop - first horse in 7 turns. The knowledge of writing is a nice boost towards mathematics.

It seems that in both this game and Civ 4 if you are the first to cannons to can wipe out one or two civs

Morte Eterna, I guess I was counting if you had vetren archer armies. So if the longbowman had vetren too, than I guess they would be better defenders when it comes to archers. But the thing is archers become obsolete and loyalty to defence units doesn't so they are overall the best defenders. And when combined with half-cost rifelmen Russia has over the top defence in the Industrial era.

And by the way, I think that the least powerful civ is India BUT I do not think they are underpowered. No civ is very overpowered or underpowered, it is just I believe that India has some slight lackings.

Indians have access to all resources though. The bonus may be halved, but it still helps. You can settle in spots that would only develop late in the game due to having certain resources located there. If there's a spot with whale, aluminum and the rest sea squares; you can go for it early in the game in the game, and have an amazing science city up quickly. India is over-looked. Try settling on islands, and expanding quicker and you'll see why they're good.

EDIT: Edited bolded part.

Indians have access to all resources though. The bonus may be halved, but it still helps. You can settle in spots that would only develop late in the game due to having certain resources located there. If there's a spot with whale, aluminum and the rest sea squares; you can go for it late in the game, and have an amazing science city up quickly. India is over-looked. Try settling on islands, and expanding quicker and you'll see why they're good.

AND they do always start out with a resource in the starting location. OK, only one bonus trade/hammer/food versus normal in the ancient era but it increases to full benefit over time.

I know that they are a good civ, i just think that it easier to win. My very best game was as the Indians were I had vearly 30 cities 24 great people making almost 1000 gold per turn and full on the tech tree 2015. I just think that they are the hardest to win with. With correct strategy any civ can be incrediblyn powerful. Personaly I love the half-cost courthouses and think it is one of the best powers, but I think that the resource thing lacks the potential it could of had.

I know that they are a good civ, i just think that it easier to win. My very best game was as the Indians were I had vearly 30 cities 24 great people making almost 1000 gold per turn and full on the tech tree 2015. I just think that they are the hardest to win with. With correct strategy any civ can be incrediblyn powerful. Personaly I love the half-cost courthouses and think it is one of the best powers, but I think that the resource thing lacks the potential it could of had.

Indians are one of the worst civs, not depending on how you use them, maybe you can win if you meet bad players (as seems to be), but you CAN'T win against good players (or same skill) using a better civilization. Having +1 production perhaps will never stop impi armies, horsemen armies, or better units. Maybe if they can survive they can TRY to kill the enemy but that would be difficult. And, the tech tree completed by 2015 isn't a record and also if it's hard to play you should do better.

I enjoy playing as India. There was a thread on them kicking around in the CivRev strategy forum for a while. They definitely do bloom a bit later than several other Civs though.

Top Bottom