Diplomacy graphic failure with Romans (Caesar)?

rhaul

Warlord
Another of my big doubts with this game is a very curious graphic error in which a green dot appears in the diplomatic conversation with Julius Caesar (almost at the end).

I always thought it was a bug in my version of the game but I've realized that it happens with other versions as well.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

You can open king pics with JCivED then export them to gif and import back after changes. This dot is a part of 'frame' color graphics used to split face expession "sprites". These lines between face expressions exist only for artist and programmer convenience. You can delete only this small error or all grid graphics altogether - doesn't matter.

EDIT: I tried this way and kinda succeeded, but problems exist: 1) it seems it's not possible to save both VGA and EGA versions in one PIC file in JCivED, so EGA version's lost and 2) albeit "select closest colors" works, but maybe it's not perfect and result image can be slightly different compared to the original image.

Created attach (containg PIC file). Technically this is modding? Anyway, if this is not ok, i'm ready to delete it.

Attachments

• KING10.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
First of all I want to tell you that I'm glad to see you again, I haven't seen you in the forum for a long time.
Also tell you that I have uploaded the translation v2.0 in which I have included you in the credits.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ-esp-spanish-translation-traducción-al-español.29768/

Having said that, I continue with the graphic theme:
It seems that everything works fine, I'm going to do tests with the different color to see if it produces an error.
What surprises me is that no one had complained or noticed this failure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom