Diplomacy World View(See information on diplomacy screen)

Human Crouton

Prince
No longer must you memorize every relationship in the world before making diplomatic decisions.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1420713759

Overview
Aristos made an excellent mod called "Extended Diplomacy Ribbon" a few weeks back, and one of the first things I thought of upon using it was how useful it would be to see this information in the diplomacy screen. So I added that, and the minimap to the diplomacy screen to create this mod.

The Diplomacy World View allows you to view stats of all of the empires you've met, and the world map while making diplomatic decisions. This overlay will show up in all diplomacy screens.

This mod is designed to answer all of the questions you have when conducting diplomacy. Is this person asking for friendship on good relations with my allies? Are they surrounded by enemies? Can they hold their own in a fight?

Whether you are trading, or being asked for friendship, or even just being yelled at; the overlay will show up and give you the data you need to make an informed decision.

Game Version Compatibility
Diplomacy World View works with both the base game and R&F. It was mostly tested in R&F however.

The base game will have a slight graphical issue where the diplomacy ribbon will cut off a little bit on the right when in the diplomacy screen. This does not affect the usability though.

How it works
The Diplomacy Ribbon

Whenever the diplomacy screen opens, it will now show the diplomacy ribbon and the minimap on the right side of the screen.

I've edited Aristos' Extended Diplomacy Ribbon slightly to make it have a more consistent behavior when being displayed on two screens instead of the one screen that mod was originally intended for.
-Hover over any leader to see their stats.
-Right-click on any leader to see their relationship with other leaders.

The minimap
The minimap will now show up on the diplomacy screen. It will also open, close, and rearrange itself as you open forms and screens to prevent it from overlapping with other screens.

The minimap will hide itself during wonder videos, and when tech trees, civics trees, etc are shown. When those screens are closed, the minimap will expand itself again. The minimap will also remember if the user had previously manually collapsed the minimap, and will keep the minimap collapsed until the user expands it themselves.

Top Bottom