(6-NS) Enlarge Minimap Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
Problem and rationale: Very often it's good to analyse the situation on the map or just post the screenshot of your current game. Mini map in its current form is not good for that.

Proposal: Add the possibility to enlarge the minimap by clicking on it. It would make the the wider window popup to show off on the screen with greatly enlarged map.

1697142922927.png

Last edited:
I've just started a vanilla game and I can't find such a feature. Please elaborate how that's supposed to work.

I've just started a vanilla game and I can't find such a feature. Please elaborate how that's supposed to work.
When you click on the minimap, a popup window appears in the middle, much bigger with the enlarged map. Later on if someone had any ideas, more details coukd be added there.

I like the idea but I'm not sure it was in vanilla Civ 5. It is a feature in Civ 6 though.

I like the idea but I'm not sure it was in vanilla Civ 5. It is a feature in Civ 6 though.
Ok, I will revamp the description then. I heard that it was in vanilla, but I was almost not playing vanilla myself, so I couldn't confirm.

There was no such feature in Vanilla either (unfortunately). Only Civ6 has it, and even there after a LOT of patches (took years even maybe, can't remember exactly). There it is a separate button that opens the map in literally full-screen.

I always wanted this feature in Civ5, but probably it is not possible to implement (even with a lot of effort) - I think there is just not enough tools available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom