1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Do heroes have ZOC? And do they ignore ZOC?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by hhhhhh, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:29 AM.

1. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

I don't find ZOC of heroes mentioned anywhere, but in my games I found that they don't exert ZOC on enemy units and they also seem to ignore enemy's ZOC. (To be precise I only used Beowulf. Also I cannot use his charges -- when I use his charges I only got a regular melee attack instead on instant kill of enemy units.)

For anyone interested in inspecting the save it is attached below.

Attached Files:

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Not sure about ZOC but I used a charge last night and it killed a Swordsman outright - it only works on weaker units though.

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

All Heroes except Anansi & Himiko are tagged to exert ZOC. Arthur & Mulan are the only two that should ignore ZOC.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  4. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

In that case can someone check my save?

What I experienced was:
    1. Cannot use Beowulf's charge (not sure this is due to mod conflict or being on mac)
    2. I withdraw the slinger, hoping that with ZOC exerted by Beowulf, the Columbian slinger won't be able to hit it, but it did!
    3. And the next turn my Beowulf can ignore ZOC and bypass a warrior to hit a unit inside.

So I'm incredibly confused.