Does anyone else CTD a lot in the late game?

besset

Warlord
Im wondering how frequent people CTD in the late game and if u are able to complete games? I havent been able to complete a single VP game in the latest VP versions. I tried playing the game at 1080p 60hz only and with the lowest graphics settings. It helped somewhat but still CTD's every 2-3 turns until you hit a wall where you cant even continue. I remember i used to play VP back in 2019 and i very rarely had late game crashes and could always finish games. That was on a much weaker PC as well but with higher graphics settings. Maybe VP itself has become too "heavy" nowadays?

I only play on Deity, everything standard and usually warmonger. I guess when you are at war with Civs the ram usage is higher, and especially on Deity there will be a huge amount of units on the map late game. Maybe a unit cap can be implemented when you play on higher difficulties or something?

Also what are the best settings/practices to not CTD in your experiance?

Last edited:
Im wondering how frequent people CTD in the late game and if u are able to complete games? I havent been able to complete a single VP game in the latest VP versions. I tried playing the game at 1080p 60hz only and with the lowest graphics settings. It helped somewhat but still CTD's every 2-3 turns until you hit a wall where you cant even continue. I remember i used to play VP back in 2019 and i very rarely had late game crashes and could always finish games. That was on a much weaker PC as well but with higher graphics settings. Maybe VP itself has become too "heavy" nowadays?

I only play on Deity, everything standard and usually warmonger. I guess when you are at war with Civs the ram usage is higher, and especially on Deity there will be a huge amount of units on the map late game. Maybe a unit cap can be implemented when you play on higher difficulties or something?

Also what are the best settings/practices to not CTD in your experiance?
Turn off yields. Solved the problem for me.

I turned off both yields and resource icons.

The ctds only occurred in between turns. So i would toggle yields on when i needed to see (press y) and off soon as i was done looking.

Oh. I should also say. For some reason i would actually get crashes when on the lowest graphics settings. If i bumped the graphics up just one notch from the minimum I was fine.

Top Bottom