Civ:
Score:
Difficulty:
Attempt #:
Finish Date:
Leader Rank:
Victory Condition:

Spoiler :
And, if you've got the time, feel free to provide a recap of your game using "Spoiler" tags to hide anything about the map or rival civ start locations that someone may not want to read before their first play.

just got 1800 domination victory. right now its the earliest date on the ps3 boards from what ive seen, probably a top score, wont know till it updates.

I just scored a 21693 domination victory with the Mongols on king. I ended up 2nd on the leader board under churchhill

This thread is for the DS GOTW, you should probably create a thread for the PS3 GOTW Specifically if you want to discuss it, depending on if the map is the same or not.

Won on King with a cultural victory with the Americans.

74.697 points.

Spoiler :
as follows.
population: 7066
military: 9256
Buildings: 7640
Technologies: 2933
Gold: 35.851

versus:

Spoiler :

Germans: 4532
Japanese: 4214
Arabs: 3729
English: 3469

Finished in 1994

Details:
Spoiler :
I started in the middle of the map. Being more or less alone, and having luck with the relics, I just had to expand and wait. After that, culture and gold at full blast. In the end, by plain boredom, captured a couple of arab cities, including the capital Tripoli (on the big island on the right side)

and that's it.

And now with 100% more standards:
Civ: Americans
Score:74.697 points
Difficulty:King
Attempt #: 1
Finish Date: 14th August
Leader Rank: 1st
Victory Condition: Cultural

Halfang: The Finish Date is when you finish IN GAME! :lol:

Civ: Zulu
Score: 36352
Difficulty: Deity
Attempt #: 5
Finish Date: 1860AD
Victory Condition: Economic (Academic Victory)

Spoiler :
Zulus are IMO the best civ to warrior rush with on a Deity random map. Infact, any difficulty.

At first I was trying Germany. They worked fantastically, and upgrading my warriors into legions worked until I hit the snag of having to research Feudalism to beat Pikes (tee hee hee, irony). I also couldn't build anymore Elites from scratch (strategy is to built tons of March/Inf/Blitz warrior armies. Rax + AA UP). I also couldn't beat England if Liz was my first opponent. Especially if she got Masonry first...

Then I tried Arabs. Not bad. Germans are better. At least they could get SOME Longbow archers killed. Arabs? Not so much. +1 strength or elite armies? Germans are better.

Zulus can get an army out and at a capital before the Deity AI gets archers on this map at least. And tehn if you have loads of room to expand, why bother rushing?

Rushed England with a vet warrior army before she got Longbow Archers and got bronze working instead of monarchy which delaed my gold city thing...

Took out America with 2 warrior and 2 horse armies.

Took out Germany with the same. 100AD, continent cleared. ICSed it, brought gold city up to 31, won econ victory. Bastard Arabs delayed it by discovering flight before me, obsoleting the East India Trading Company. I also never got an Explorer/Industrialist all game.

The Arabs were a non factor (which is why I labelled the win as Academic- I could have won any way). Except that they kept up in techs the whole game. Whatever, I had cash to buy whatever I wanted. I declared on them once to get a city of theirs off my continent because It was an eyesore.

Oh, and Tripoli was top city all game. Why I oughta have nuked 'em.

SCORE BREAKDOWN:

Pop: 12807
Mil: 3542
Buildings: 8754
Tech: 3508
Gold: 4412

I had this one sitting in Slot 5 for a while. I now realize I totally missed the GotW the week after this one.

Civ: Japanese
Score: 22,704
Difficulty: Emperor
Attempt #: 1st
Finish Date: 2062 AD
Victory Condition: Cultural

Spoiler :
I was able to expand peacefully for a good amount of time because I got the Great Wall from a relic. The Germans were the first to declare war on me, followed by the Americans. I removed the Americans completely from the continent. Near the end-game, the Arabs DOW'ed me, but it came to nothing. I will say the one city Saladin had on my continent was filled with units - I was never able to capture it. The biggest surprise was England. Not once did Elizabeth declare war on me, nor did she hail me for bribes. She was rgulated to 2 cities in the north.

Top Bottom