Emancipation Gate question....

ProphetMaster

Warlord
I have level 13 Supremacy. I have Hypercomputing researched. Still, the Gate does not appear on my production choices. What else do I need to build the Gate? Thanks.:)

The Emancipation Gate is a tile improvement, not built like other buildings and wonders but also not built with a worker (kind of an odd hybrid). When the tiles turn black, the game is asking you to select a tile on which to build the gate. If you click on one it should release and start building the wonder. Note that the selected tile will lose any existing improvements.

Look in your Quests tab under victories and click on the Emancipation victory to expand it, that should show you checklist of all the steps you need to do to achieve that victory, with the steps you've completed so far ticked off.

If I remember rightly you need to build a Lasercom Sattelite as well as researching Hypercomputing and reaching lvl 13, then the gate should appear in your city production list to build as Browd says.

Look in your Quests tab under victories and click on the Emancipation victory to expand it, that should show you checklist of all the steps you need to do to achieve that victory, with the steps you've completed so far ticked off.

If I remember rightly you need to build a Lasercom Sattelite as well as researching Hypercomputing and reaching lvl 13, then the gate should appear in your city production list to build as Browd says.

Thank you very much! I got it working. It appears that running 10 Apostles and 10 Redeemers through the Gate gets me to victory. It is kinda boring, tedious process but I want that first win under my belt!

How do you "drain" the field? If I run a second expedition on the spot, my quest log says the quest "failed." If I do nothing after running the first expedition, it does not appear as a "completed" quest in my quest log. What's the deal?:)

There is another icon to "drain" the xenomass along with the other unit actions on the bar. It can be easy to miss, I did it the first time as well.

There is another icon to "drain" the xenomass along with the other unit actions on the bar. It can be easy to miss, I did it the first time as well.

All I see is a box on the left and sentence "Drain the Xenomass lake at the crash site" when I click on this, nothing happens. The only thing I can click on here that has any effect is the "Locate" icon.

All I see is a box on the left and sentence "Drain the Xenomass lake at the crash site" when I click on this, nothing happens. The only thing I can click on here that has any effect is the "Locate" icon.

After making your choice in the the quest popup you need to select the explorer unit who's standing on the xenomass tile, you'll see he is now able to perform the "Drain Xenomass" action on that tile.

Actually, you need to drain the xenomass with a *worker*, not an explorer.

There must be a misunderstanding. The only affinity quest I can remember that involves draining xenomass works with an explorer, 100% sure.

It actually works with all land units, although I have to say that, for a very long time, I didn't realize that one can use the explorer, because in the long list of buttons it has, I just didn't see it the first time and always moved the Explorer away and sent a melee unit. ;)

It actually works with all land units, although I have to say that, for a very long time, I didn't realize that one can use the explorer, because in the long list of buttons it has, I just didn't see it the first time and always moved the Explorer away and sent a melee unit. ;)

Interesting. I used the explorer to do it. I did not know you could do it with a worker.

Top Bottom