[TOT] EmperorIsDead

Spoiler creation diary :
Techs are set, just having to set their AI weight for research goals.

Spoiler techtree :
TechTree.png

Some may not be owned in the mean time with others, like the "Food To The Hungry"&"Food Preservation" duo, the "Slavery Code"&"Slavery Ban" duo, the Dime trio or the state stability duo,
and the clergy destruction tech shall remove clergy and dependent techs from owner.

I shall built two scenario files.
The EmperorIsDead.scn should be a classic game, whithout fantastic elements (including the fantastic techs, like the eleven, dwarven or orc alliances)
TheFantasticEmperorIsDead.scn will be build after, with the fantastic elements unlocked.

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
And second step, Emperor Philibert's intervention !

EmperorPhilibertIntervention.png

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
Slightly altered the Ereb Empire (npf) zone, here in winter :

exemple.png

Last edited:
Ho, I didn't teased the result of the 50 terrains files association.
Here we are then, with a two year span as the three year cycle is too heavy :

2years.gif

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
NumberedTechTree.png

Tech goal makes game crash ...
The loops maybe ?

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
So, I removed the tech part of the rules.text back to classic to get rid of the bug, I'll rebuild it tech by tech to test it out/found the error(s).

Took advantage of that to use the fantastic script from Prof. Garfield to add a second map.

This second map will be used to portrait De Jure territories with coat of arms terrains.
I feel like this shall be more visual and less intrusive for player than the "*"-frontier maps we builded thus far ? We'll see. :think:

Here it is!
Spoiler De Jure Map :
exemple.png

exemple2.png

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
Got all tech back to classic rules one, saved game with it, checked all commas and values to find a buggy error, yet couldn't find anything.

Pasted back the scenario tech in rule file and ... it seems to work fine for the seven civs, appart from one tech (cor) not accessible for research (and was given to the civ supposed to have it) ??
exemple.png

Group tech restrictions got enforced in the lua event file.

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
Technologies got gifted to civs, now going with the event file.

Many definitions to give,
exemple.png

many functions too to define group of objects,
exemple2.png

currently defining leather armored and steel armored unit.

Shielded units, mounted on horse units and shooters are already done, on purpose of fighting considerations and production restrictions.
Localisation production restriction are already set !

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
Cities are gifted objective values, population (based on spring food production), improvements and units (with exception of nobles fiefs to distribute).

exemple.png

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
New computer, but still going on !

exemple2.png

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
Planned to have TilesImprovements elements on the fief map, in a similar way with how it is purposed in the futur epicwiieurope, in this fashion here
exemple3.png

using irrigation, farmland, road, railroad, mine and pollution slots

note : Irrigation and farmland got replaced here as they would be hidden under land bonuses.

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
I wasn't too sure about giving stat bonus from having leader nearby (which can be seen in Napoleon scenario per exemple) because of the idea I had of the code and its cost supporting it.
(was thinking about a solution scanning ALL units to check leaders positions according to the fighter location)

Yet, I realised I was already storing units objects for nobles to control their production.
I thus stored units objects for main leaders too, allowing for a lighter load.

Leader small bonuses shall then be proposed too, representing moral boost issued in battle.
This bonus shall not alter unit strength, only altering the "unitDie" if understanding well the latest functions given by TheNamelessOne, and not be cumulative with itself.

exemple2.png

Last edited:
Lua TODO list :

-Link weather changes on turns (rather than k press on test purpose)
-Fantasy option set off (to be set on in the "fantastic" version of the scenario)

-Harvests yields & distributions
-Hunger gestion
-Field fortifications
-Crime gangs
-Slavery (use & ban)
-Diseases
-State (un)stability
-Death plots

-Nobles distribution & restrictions
-Barbarians usual pressure
-Barbarians reactions
-Extraordinary barbarians invasions
-Piracy pressure

-Archery support
-Siege simulation
-Leader bonuses
-Horse charge
-Republican bonus against imperialists

Last edited:
Spoiler creation diary :
exemple2.png

Leader bonuses are applied and given a preinsertion in the onInitiateCombat() I'm learning/building to use.

Just to have confirmation of understanding from my little test about that function and its routine one, ( @Prof. Garfield or someone else) :

"while (round < 5 and attacker.hitpoints >= 0 and defender.hitpoints >= 0)"

"attacker.hitpoints" and "defender.hitpoints" should rather be tested "> 0" not to have zombies units rounding one last time after death don't it ?

This new function is TRULY incredible, allowing for great possibilities. Displaying siege fights on a side, field fights on the other, displaying archery, cavalry charges (and pique walls) on first rounds, flanking, melee engagement, routing and captures are now possible on a total new level with much ease !

Last edited:
Just to have confirmation of understanding from my little test about that function and its routine one, ( @Prof. Garfield or someone else) :

"while (round < 5 and attacker.hitpoints >= 0 and defender.hitpoints >= 0)"

"attacker.hitpoints" and "defender.hitpoints" should rather be tested "> 0" not to have zombies units rounding one last time after death don't it ?

I think your reasoning is correct that it should be attacker.hitpoints > 0, etc., and my template reflects that already. (Meaning the last time I thought about it, I came to the same conclusion.)

Spoiler creation diary :
Altered the "-Fantasy option set off (to be set on in the "fantastic" version of the scenario)" part.

Instead of using a state variable to store, I shall have 3 scenario files.

One for normal gameplay,
one for a "pandemic" horror gameplay (normal gameplay plus a zombie/ghoul/demon wave threat),
and a last one for a total fantastic gameplay.

The "civ.scen.params.name" object shall gives the distingo, without the need to have a specific state variable !

Last edited:
No need for "state" storage, I'll be using simple booleans to store temporaly "politicy statuses" induced by technologies at the beginning of a tribe turn to check any change (with "new" technologies) after cities are processed.
These bollean shall allow smooth changes, removing incompatible technologies then changing the civ policy (checked with technology ownership).

exemple2.png

Ho, I didn't teased the result of the 50 terrains files association.
Here we are then, with a two year span as the three year cycle is too heavy :

Wow.. automatically rotating seasons within regions.. this is amazing.. the seasonal graphics changes reminds me of a great old KOEI game that not enough people know about (I'd be stunned if anyone here knows it) called Celtic Tales Balor of the Evil Eye where your viking warriors worked the fields through different seasons in-between the fighting and pillaging. It had such lovely artistic seasonal changes. I've contemplated importing its retro isometric graphics into Civ2 a few times over the years.

And second step, Emperor Philibert's intervention !

Love the simulated Heroes of Might & Magic battle screen kinda stuff in your story images haha. Heh imagine if someone figured out a way to do actual Master of Magic & HoMM like tactical battle screens in the ToT engine.. heh that'll be the day..

Last edited:
Top Bottom