Error after launching game

sandro ritter

Chieftain
after launching the game and skipping to video scenes to main menu, i get an errer Python Exception

Traceback (most recent call last):

File <string>, line 1,in ?

Import error: no module named faireweather

after cliking okay another error

Failed to load python module faireweather

after clicking okay it shows me the first error again and so on

anyone knows what that is and how to fix it? i run integrity check on STeam and reinstll, still persist, i have another install on second pc works fine, even the game folders on both have the same ammount of files, so does not look that something is missing

anyone knwos what the cause is?

Do you have a mod installed?

Because Mods have MapScripts (and Options) which are referenced in Player Settings that Civ4Col Vanilla simply does not have.
(The game tries to save your favourite MapScript Options you use in the Player Settings.)

If yes:
If you always start the mod directly by Shortcut, the error will not occur anymore.

The bug is annoying but it is otherwise totally harmless.
(It just says that the mod tries to reference setting data of a mod that does not exist in Vanilla.)

Last edited:
yes i have mods "installed", i think installed is not the correct description, as the mods are all seperate and do not alter the vanilla game files, before you active activate any mod

anyway, i was never able to manage to start a mod directly with shortcut ;)

as the error occured, i played the newest version of R&R we the people 2.8, as a wild animal pirate frigate moved into my fishermans, as normal the one on the spot was moved away from tile, i killed the pirate but then the fisherman had vanished, i looked very closely into that, as this behavior is very well known, but he was gone, so i decided to save and close game&restart and load save, then the error happens as described after launching the game as usual.. i am not sure if this has something to do with mod someway, because after launching vanille to main menu there is no mod loaded, strange

but there is also the coincedence, that the error refer to the faireweather map, wich i had played in that save, but again, how can a save in a mod prevent the vanilla game from starting before you are even able to load the mod, that makes no sense

now as you mentioned the player settings, i removed the .ini file under documents/mygames/colonization and it fixed the stuff :) so big thanks to push my thinking into the right direction :p

Last edited:
The problem is that you launch Vanilla after having played WTP.
(Because it will have stored WTP game settings into your Player Profile which is also used when starting Vanilla.)

It is not about the save.
It is about the game storing player settings in Player Profile (favourites, like last MapScript used and settings used).

If you always directly start WTP by shortcut the error will not occur anymore. :)
(It is also much faster and causes less issues than first starting Vanilla.)

For setting up a mod shortcut, see here.

Top Bottom