Help Please! Runtime Error with Specific Mod: City State Creation

Jaey

Chieftain
Good Afternoon modding community. I just found both the free time and the courage to try and create a new city state, and every time I load a test scenario with the city state in question, I get this heart-wrenching error:

"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamap...
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information."

When I began, I first I found some code online and tried to adjust the text and values to match what I wanted. When that didn't work, I found the example script for adding the fictional "Petoria" City State, and I changed its text and values and tried to plug it in the game. Same error. I then tried to simply put Petoria in the game without altering the .xml file that holds it, and I still got the same error.

The fourth thing I did was, having downloaded "City States Expansion (BNW + G&K)," change the values in the Accra.xml file to something else. Now, this mod worked perfectly before I decided to change around the .xml file. Once I did this, and tried to load a test map I made with the new "Accra" (now called Indiana), I got the same Runtime Error.

I have never seen this error before and it only appears whenever I try to load a mod scenario in which one of these altered/created city states appear, including the Petoria example which I did not touch. Other games load as normal.

I have checked the database and .xml logs and nothing is amiss there (I compared them to how they appear with no mods at all). I've already done the Update Database/On Mod Activated stuff. I have already read Kael's guide.

Every time I make a new mod for a city state, and I enable it in-game, it appears as an option in the Map Editor. I can plop settlers, cities, units, etc. for the new city state as normal, making it seem as though it'll work once the game launches, but, alas, the error seems to persist. Most threads concerning this error seem to have difficulty launching old saves, but this is not the problem here.

Sorry, I know this is long. Here's a summary of the attempts with codenames:
"Maryland" - found rogue code online and put it in an .xml as part of a ModBuddy Solution
"Maine" - found the Petoria example and changed the text to Maine, Mainer, etc.
"Petoria" - retained the Petoria example and tried to import it into the game. Tried w/ and w/o VSF.
"Indiana" - Found a working city-state mod addition and changed text to Indiana, Hoosier, etc.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! It'd be much appreciated.

Alright now something's gone wrong where any game I try to load with any modded content results in the above error. Please send help :(

No code?

No complete link to the error in question.

It is hard to compile a solution when there is no way to figure out what is the true problem of the situation? Don't you think so?

Top Bottom