error reading save file - needing help

SeriousCaller

Chieftain
Hope someone can help with this. I have vanilla CivIII, v1.07f and I can't load a save file. I'm getting a message: dataIO operating systems error: CITY. I have played the game through to victory several times and not had this problem before. When I got the problem I checked back to find an earlier save that worked, played through for a couple of hours and saved, then got the same message when I reloaded the next day. I have the 1.29f patch, but have not got around to installing it yet. Is this something that it might fix?

Thanks.

OK, I've checked around the various support threads. Seems I need to patch my 1.07f version up to 1.29f. I've tried this, but got the please insert CD error. I gather that this has never been resolved and I will probably need to upgrade to complete. Not a problem, I was going to do that anyway - there are copies on ebay for only a few £.

My question now is, will my vanilla save files open in Complete? I'm on a good run with Mao on Monarch, and would hate to lose my progress.

Vanilla 1.07f to Conquest 1.22 ?

:cringe:

Seems unlikely, but you never know.

I think you will be the first.

I tried opening my Civ3 vanilla saves in Conquests, and they open normally. You might get errors or issues while playing the game though, since Conquests contains more units, buildings, and a revised tech tree.

Top Bottom