Explorer Automation Pathing

Vetinari12

Chieftain
It seems like the explorer automation has the same problem that Civ V had. I present to you a save where I have at least 2 explorers that simply go back and forth. I recall this happening frequently at the poles in Civ V as well. I have on explorer up in the ice in the top right of the map doing this, and one explorer in the south of the middle ocean that is also moving back and forth for an even less discernible reason. As I'm sure yall know, they do this indefinitely, and it makes it inconvenient when you want to forget about your exploration.

Edit: As I posted this I found another one that is on automation that is just idling in its current space. The one on the eastern continent next to Nhiet Tinh is on automation and just sits there. Perhaps its because it doesn't know what to do with the expedition space in the miasma, and it doesn't have any more expeditions?

Attachments

• Hutama_TURN 426.CivBESave
    934.1 KB · Views: 108
I've seen this happen a few times. One time specifically that I remember is where there was a long coastline with mountains and canyons two tiles back... so basically only one path a single tile wide for at least 10 tiles along the coast. My explorer was at one end of the path and was in a loop going back and forth between two tiles.

I suspect that an alien unit or some other AI unit was at the other end of the path and kept moving back and forward... whenever the other side of the path was blocked the explorer would start moving the other direction. When the other unit moved and the path was clear, the explorer would start to go back. But technically the explorer should have no knowledge of the blocked path so not sure if this is an accurate guess or not.

Top Bottom