1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

External Consulate T4 P5- Possible Byzantines Alliances

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by greekguy, Jun 11, 2005.

?

Who to ally with against Byzantium?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2005.
  1. Maya

61.5%
  2. France

61.5%
  3. Persia

23.1%
  4. Hittites

84.6%
  5. None

15.4%
  6. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

ok, one last poll before i go away and hand over the reins to Furiey. what alliances to do we want against the Byzantines, who declared on us. either France, Persia, Hittites, or Maya. poll open 72 hours.

Discussion is Here

2. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Not Persia, don't we want to declare war on them? But the others would all be good.

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Ally with not a soul, if only to make the game more interesting and realistic. It's such a crutch to declare war and then dupe the rest of the world into joining along with you. In RL, these "allies" would be fearing for their lives, knowing that their hides will be next.

A realistic game would have already brought most of the world against us. But since the game doesn't think for itself along those lines, shouldn't we help it out a bit? Or do we all need to finish this game STAT so we can get somewhere else?

4. Bertie

Bertie Prince

Remember, we've never declared war against the Byzantines. This is the second time they've declared against us (the first time they broke a deal in order to do so).

5. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I abstain, i want peace but i also like to punish our enemys

6. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

I would ally with the Hittites only.

Actually, I want to actively fight the Byzantines this time.

Realistically, the Dutch should have knocked us out in the BC years :).
    I understand what you mean though, the game holds no challenge anymore - whether we make these alliances or not also doesn't matter anymore, we could declare on the rest of the world, and not even have to work hard to fend them off.

If you have any ideas on how to add challenges I would love to hear them. The only one I can think of is a triple victory (130K culture + conquest + space). We can add diplo+domination too, but they are quite easy.

7. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Alliances were made with the French, Mayans and Hittites. The Mayans have already broken that alliance when they sneak attacked us.

8. -=King=-

-=King=- Chieftain

The Hittites are the most logical choice in this situation, due to the fact that we want to wipe out Persia,Byzantine,and Maya, all of which are located on the northern continent residing our Country. But can we really rely on the Hittites to join us in the fray? that is the question we should truly be asking.