External Consulate T4 P5- Possible Byzantines Alliances

Who to ally with against Byzantium?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greekguy

Missed the Boat
ok, one last poll before i go away and hand over the reins to Furiey. what alliances to do we want against the Byzantines, who declared on us. either France, Persia, Hittites, or Maya. poll open 72 hours.

Discussion is Here

Ally with not a soul, if only to make the game more interesting and realistic. It's such a crutch to declare war and then dupe the rest of the world into joining along with you. In RL, these "allies" would be fearing for their lives, knowing that their hides will be next.

A realistic game would have already brought most of the world against us. But since the game doesn't think for itself along those lines, shouldn't we help it out a bit? Or do we all need to finish this game STAT so we can get somewhere else?

Donovan Zoi said:
Ally with not a soul, if only to make the game more interesting and realistic. It's such a crutch to declare war and then dupe the rest of the world into joining along with you. In RL, these "allies" would be fearing for their lives, knowing that their hides will be next.

Remember, we've never declared war against the Byzantines. This is the second time they've declared against us (the first time they broke a deal in order to do so).

I would ally with the Hittites only.

Donovan Zoi said:

A realistic game would have already brought most of the world against us. But since the game doesn't think for itself along those lines, shouldn't we help it out a bit? Or do we all need to finish this game STAT so we can get somewhere else?

Actually, I want to actively fight the Byzantines this time.

Realistically, the Dutch should have knocked us out in the BC years :).
I understand what you mean though, the game holds no challenge anymore - whether we make these alliances or not also doesn't matter anymore, we could declare on the rest of the world, and not even have to work hard to fend them off.

If you have any ideas on how to add challenges I would love to hear them. The only one I can think of is a triple victory (130K culture + conquest + space). We can add diplo+domination too, but they are quite easy.

The Hittites are the most logical choice in this situation, due to the fact that we want to wipe out Persia,Byzantine,and Maya, all of which are located on the northern continent residing our Country. But can we really rely on the Hittites to join us in the fray? that is the question we should truly be asking.

Top Bottom