Extract Wonder Models

giut

Chieftain
Hi! I was wondering if there is a simple way to extract the Wonder 3D models in a STL file for 3D printing.

I'm playing a lot of New Dawn (with the Terra Incognita expansion) and I was thinking of print 3D Wonders to make it more appealing.

Any help will be welcome.

(I'm triying to do it with the assets and civ nexus, but I'm noob in this and can't seem to do it properly)

I'm not sure about getting them to an STL file format, specifically, but with a combination of the Civ VI SDK Development Assets, CivNexus 6 and the Blender scripts (which are linked from the CivNexus 6 resource), it is entirely possible to get the wonder models into Blender. From there, your options are only limited by what Blender can export to (which I suspect is not very limiting).

The workflow is fairly simple, in reality:

1. Identify the .fgx asset you want. Grab it from the assets pantry and put it somewhere.
2. In CivNexus 6, use the Open function to navigate to that .fgx file and open it.
3. Use the 'Additional Actions' tab and choose Export Models (All Models). This will create a .cn6 file in the same directory as the .fgx file exists.
4. In Blender, you go to File --> Import and use the Import CN6 Blender script (that you will have already installed, having got them from: https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...for-civilization-v-and-civilization-vi.25925/).

At this point, you've got a 3D model in Blender. Do with it as you wish.

after converting it in blender, you may have to see if its manifold. Converting game graphics to 3d printable models isn't straight forward. There are sometimes thickness issues and gaps in game models that you can get away with that you cant on 3D printer.

I've looked into makingmodels of leaders and wonders but got sidetracked doing it. I did convert a Star Wars Battlefront II head to fit on my kid's figure but it required some modelling to do it

Top Bottom