1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Extracting a Map from a Bix file. Possible?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Colonel Kraken, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Colonel Kraken

Colonel Kraken Deity

I made a custom scenario for my wife and generated a random map. It turned out to be AWESOME. With a little fixing up, it's an abosultely wonderful strategic map.

Well, for a long time now, I've been working on my own mod. What I'd like to do is take the map and put it in my mod. Is this possible? Or is the map just totally integrated into the bix and non-transferable?

Also, I want to be able to post the map here as a vanilla PtW scenario. I could modify my wife's mod back to original stats, etc. but I don't remember some of the changes. I'm sure some people wouldn't like that certain rules had been changed from the original.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Colonel

2. Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan Magaha FIRAXIS Firaxian

You can use the IMPORT function to do this.

First open the mod you want to import the map into.

Then, just go to File->Import, then check "Map" (you may just want the World Map and not all the units and starting locs), then hit "OK" and select the BIC or BIX that contains the map you want to use.

Dan

3. Colonel Kraken

Colonel Kraken Deity

Wow, thank you very much Mr. Magaha!