Favors? What favors?

ProphetMaster

Warlord
Is there any way to actually use this "favors" option in trades, or is it just a joke? I have one AI owe me a "favor", so as an experiment I asked for 1 energy (not one per turn for 25 turns -- just ONE total). They refused to give it to me! Is there anything they will do as a favor?:)

I had some games, where I could trade favor for DoW. Also sometimes, when AI asks for open borders with me, I can trade favor instead. I'm used to calculate favor in amount of energy per turn (around 4) - so when the AI would be willing to make a DoW for 24 energy per turn, i can offer him 6 favors instead. So favor is another kind of currency.

I store up favors with 1 or 2 sponsors that I plan on being friendly with, and then cash them in to bribe them into war with sponsors that threaten me militarily.

I used favours to get someone to stop building cities next to me. Brazilia sent a settler up to my borders, I asked him not to settle, he said no and then I had the option "I must insist based on past favours (costs 1 favour)". He then accepted and sent the settler back.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Is there any way to actually use this "favors" option in trades, or is it just a joke? I have one AI owe me a "favor", so as an experiment I asked for 1 energy (not one per turn for 25 turns -- just ONE total). They refused to give it to me! Is there anything they will do as a favor?:)

As said in the other thread, get a cooperation agreement. PAC and KP are easy to get and keep one with. Trade 3ept for 1 favor, then turn around and trade 1 favor for 100 energy outright. Its the most broken exploit leftover after the patch.

As said in the other thread, get a cooperation agreement. PAC and KP are easy to get and keep one with. Trade 3ept for 1 favor, then turn around and trade 1 favor for 100 energy outright. Its the most broken exploit leftover after the patch.

As said in the other thread, lame exploits are lame. You are only ruining your own experience by cheesing the AI like this.

I actually liked the favor system too. As I understood it, you are not really supposed to trade them, like, ugh man, gimme 2 oil barrels for this favor I've had over you since we landed.
Rather, I think we are meant to spend them insisting on "stop spying on me", "get off my borders", "dow that guy he attacked me" kind of stuff. imo this adds a bit to diplomacy.
In CiV you'd never ask AI anything like that - that would be just souring their attitude without any profit for you, because they'd never agree.

Do you get the AI to comply with your requests?
I have tried but I seem to end up only getting very little back
Perhaps it is because the relationship had soured already? I have not tested the favor feature enough I think

Do you get the AI to comply with your requests?
I have tried but I seem to end up only getting very little back
Perhaps it is because the relationship had soured already? I have not tested the favor feature enough I think

I got them to declare on ppl who attacked me several times, and although my allies didn't mount an attack they still swarmed and killed several units that approached their territory. I think I also got them to comply with "stop settling near me" request, but that might be just because they didn't want to settle that crap land anyway.

I used favours to get someone to stop building cities next to me. Brazilia sent a settler up to my borders, I asked him not to settle, he said no and then I had the option "I must insist based on past favours (costs 1 favour)". He then accepted and sent the settler back.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Whoa! I didn't even know this was an option. I've always just used them as bargaining chips. I try to gain a few favours with everyone at the beginning and then cash them in later in the game when I need help with energy to fund a war or something.

Usually I can SELL favor back for 3 energy per turn, but consuming 'favor' insisting on something - that sounds really cool :)

Top Bottom