FfH + BUG/BUFFY mod - how?

rmunn

Chieftain
I recently tried the BUFFY mod that's been listed in the site notices, and I like several things about it: the ability to filter the units by various categories like wounded/unwounded, the extra detail shown in city screens (like little lines showing you each turn's projected progress in food and hammer accumulation), and so on. I'd love to be able to play FfH with that extra detail, but I don't know how to load both mods at once: when I start FfH and then try to load the BUFFY mod (most recent version, 3.19.001) it unloads FfH.

I figured it was impossible, but then I saw a screenshot on one of these threads (can't find it right now) showing FfH being played with the BUG mod loaded. Anyone know how this is done? And is it something that's possible with the BUG but not with BUFFY for some reason?

I'm a programmer by profession, and my current project at work actually involves a lot of Python and XML, so don't worry about scaring me with technical details. I should be able to figure this out on my own given enough time -- but if someone already knows how to do this and it's a simple answer, it's much quicker to just ask. :D

If I find the screenshot I'm thinking of, I'll post it in this thread so you can see what I'm talking about.

The screenshot you've seen with FfH2 + BUG is probably of one of the FfH2 modmods that has had BUG merged into it.

In order to use BUG or BUFFY with FfH2, or any other mod, they must be merged with that mod - meaning that the changes they make to the base Civ files must be made to the mod's files, and then any code conflicts must be resolved.

As far as I know, no one has yet produced a clean merge of FfH2 and either BUG or BUFFY. The modmods (of which I know) that have merged in BUG have also made other changes as well.

-------------

Edit: Here's a thread where someone attempted a BUG merge. Also, according to that thread, the Wild Mana modmod also includes BUG.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Looks like the Wild Mana modmod makes few enough gameplay changes (all its major changes are optional) that I can install Wild Mana, turn off all its optional additions, and play (almost)-pure FfH with the BUG interface. Great, that's pretty much what I was looking for in the first place.

Top Bottom