First Deity Game Advice

Wandering Took

Chieftain
So with the Memorial Day weekend giving me some extra time off I decided to give Deity a shot. I rolled a random high sea level Pangaea map and ended up with Frederick. Currently at turn 110 and this is where I stand:

Spoiler :

It was a fairly easy start, with plenty of room for me to grab seven cities. Almost everyone else has been tied up in religious wars (only Augustus and myself are currently at peace), so no one has been pulling away too much.

What should my course of action be from here? Should I stay at peace and go for Lib > Nationalism and pickup the Taj Mahal? Or should I attack Persia with Maces/Cats to pick up the horses for a later Cuirassier conquest of the rest of the field?

Save attached if anyone would like to poke around.

Attachments

• Frederic - Deity - T110.CivBeyondSwordSave
    175.7 KB · Views: 132
Mehmed would trade you horsies (they are not nearly as expensive as Iron), so attacking Cyrus for them is questionable.
I would rather pay some gpt than building units like Maces now.

Munich looks suited for spreading Hindu to more of your cities, how about taking Iron from Berlin and starting on a Monastery?
Could also be whipped if you want missionaries faster.

Golden Age with the Munich GS looks good, there will be some Civic switches that you want (especially Bur. and Paci, where you can make up for that GS easily).
HR can improve your relations with HC.

Focus more on farms now :)
Dortmund or Frankfurt cottages of not much use at this point.

Selling olds techs for gold is always good, like PH for 30g.
CoL for Mehmeds 230g also good, making some generous trades will get him friendly at some point.

Top Bottom