For Your Consideration

Chronis

Warlord
I would like to submit three changes I made in my small mod mod (link below) for consideration for incorporation into k-mod.

The changes I made to the DLL which I believe help game balance and consistent with the philosophy of K-Mod are the following.

1) Added ability to pillage your own roads

2) Civilization culture no longer vanishes once their last city is captured

3) Happiness per city from hereditary rule now capped at 5

Road pillage is just a nice feature but not groundbreaking.

Civilization culture not vanishing is more important when playing with revolutions where it has a significant effect on stability and it is very possible for a destroyed civ to rise up from the ashes. So you may or may not want this one but there is no real reason for it to magically vanish even when not playing with revolution.

Hereditary rule as implemented in base BTS is very exploitable by using the following strategy.
A) Trade/give away you metal to the AI
B) Build lots of warriors (because they are cheep) and get your city happiness up to the maximum workable area for the city (20 for a perfect city).
C) Trade away all your happiness producing resources for health producing resources
D) Watch your cities grow to maximum far earlier then they should.
E) Cancel trade and get your metal back

Capping the bonus at 5 happiness per city removes the ability to exploit the game mechanics in this fashion.

Source code for the above is in the signature link below. All my changes are marked "LOR Tweaks" so they can be found.
Edit: In addition to the marked dll changes there is one unmarked change to iHappyPerMilitaryUnit in CIV4CivicInfos.xml to 5 (which sets the new cap)

A city with high culture should be very hard to take anyway, don't like the idea. Ruins the purpose of cultural victory.

And using monarchy for growing all your cities on higher levels is suicide. Usually you end up with just a capital at 12 pop and the rest 4-5 being whipped. By the point you can actually grow cities (very late in the game) then there is no need to use monarchy for happiness.

The only changes I made to my K-MOD is buffing forts and chichen itza.

found it.

Originally Posted by robyextreme
Chicen Itza or whatever is called freaking sucks.

I just changed it to give 50% tile defense bonus for forts, and reduced build time.

this is seriously probably the horsehockytiest wonder ever lol.

And using monarchy for growing all your cities on higher levels is suicide. Usually you end up with just a capital at 12 pop and the rest 4-5 being whipped. By the point you can actually grow cities (very late in the game) then there is no need to use monarchy for happiness.

While I don't have much of an opinion about the other points here, I don't understand your point of view here. Are you speaking of games played on higher difficulty levels? If so, is this related to AI behaviour?

Because in my games (noble/prince) I can see a lot of potential for hereditary rule for city growing, even if not used in an extreme way like in OP. Then again I'm playing with huge maps/marathon speed and I have never used slavery. "Usually" I end up having all cities pop 12.

...don't like the idea. Ruins the purpose of cultural victory.... And using monarchy for growing all your cities on higher levels is suicide. Usually you end up with just a capital at 12 pop and the rest 4-5 being whipped.

I don't understand your comment about ruining cultural victory why do you feel the changes ruin cultural victory.

I can say with certainty that using monarchy to force grow your cities works
Extremely well and is overpowered on higher difficulties on marathon game speed.
It will be slightly weaker (but still work) on other game speeds as slavery is more powerful on non marathon games.

I posted some details on the effect of game speed on various game mechanics a while ago here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=411750

Top Bottom