G-Major CXXVIII

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.
(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:

Expansion: Brave New World
Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
Difficulty: Emperor
Map Size: Huge
Map Type: Shuffle
Speed: Standard
Leader: Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)
Opponents: Any
Version: SV8
Date: 1st to 30th November 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

shuffle maps enjoyable as bus rides with the huge map finding that elusive sob of the last civ delayed the UN thing, kind of ended up building the spaceship pieces by the time i gathered enough culture for the last policy
all in all a bit of a messy that is challenging game with opponents constantly warring slowing down the focus, cause damn if Venice is declaring war on me im taking venice i mean.
mostly sea maps so i'd go astronomy faster than usually, put out a lot of cities just to keep losing trade routes to random pirates, it was like raging was turned on - i guess as it's a huge map ai does settle a bit later - rome was massive on city count though, egypt was also a good opponent but had only 4 cities all up to t200

founded a good petra city for casablanca the fourth i think, a few merc city states helped control the happiness levels trading the ai in the latter stages was just hopeless
did not manage a sub 300 in the end but hey i was having fun with frigates and battleships eventually just destroying venice among others

good luck everyone

The following are the results of G-Major CXXVIII. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

RankPlayerDateTurnScore
1dinanipedro1884 AD3122196

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Map Size: Huge
  • Map Type: Shuffle
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st November to 3rd December 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Top Bottom