game constantly freezing :/

D

DrZogg

Hello there!
I'm one of the silent but regular readers of the forum.
I really enjoyed building my pleasant anticipation for Civ:BE by plowing through the threads quite often, so thanks ;)
But now I'm unfortunately one of the unlucky ones who cannot play due to constant crashing. I read the other threads and I didn't find much advice. But I at least have to try and ask for help myself.
well,
the first 60 turns Civ:BE froze 3 times. Now it freezes almost every turn. Then it shows the Civ doesnt react message.
- I have a NVidia Geforce Graphics Card and the newest driver (22.10.) installed.
- I did the verify game cache-thing. It always verifies 1 file.
- I have directX11 and have no issues with CivV BNW.
- I will post this certain file once I'm sitting at my PC. i forgot the name. where do I find it?
but maybe someone has an idea already even without looking at the file (whats to see there other than the graphics driver?)
thanks in advance!

You can generate a DxDiag file by hitting the "Windows key" + "R", type in dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the bottom right. Select this, save it as a file (it will be a text file) and attach to your post.

i too have nvidia gpu and i got some usefull observations:

1 threaded rendering make game "freeze" - some time you need to play in windowed mode and simple move game window even for one pixel it force game to refresh its visual content.
2 game even if you choose in options to turn off - will forcibly turn ON tessalation and UIBLUR changing it in config seems to turn it off completly.
You need gpu never then 4** line (something like 460\640 or better) to this things to work robust and without bugs imho.

Top Bottom